hysterectomy of uterous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hysterectomy of uterous hysterectomy of uterous

Unread 10-28-2003, 03:56 PM
hysterectomy of uterous

Well all i found out he wants to just remove my uterous (not sure if that is spelled right ) was wondering if anyone had just that removed? if so for what reason and how do you feel now or if your having it done soon. he said he plans on doing it vaginal,
thank you. linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2003, 04:19 PM
hysterectomy of uterous

i am opting to have the same thing done. i would be interested in replies to this too. why are you having yours removed?
Unread 10-28-2003, 04:22 PM
hysterectomy of uterous

Hi,
I had a TAH kept ovaries, cervix is gone. I feel wonderful and that's not saying enough about how truely fantastic I'm feeling these days.
Remember to take it easy those first few weeks and even for a few months afterwards even if you feel great. There will be a lot of healing going on inside for months. It was well worth the effort for me.
Good luck with yours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2003, 05:02 PM
hysterectomy of uterous

Hi,

I also had a TAH and kept my ovaries, but had my uterus and cervix removed. It is actually quite common to keep the ovaries with this surgery, particularly if they aren't diseased and if the patient hasn't gone into menopause.

If you're having a vaginal hyst (TVH), you'll also have the cervix removed, as it has to come out with that method.

I had my hyst for fibroids and excessive bleeding. That was 17+ months ago, and it was the best thing I could have done. I feel better now than I have in years.

Best wishes and s,

Lisa
Unread 10-28-2003, 05:13 PM
hysterectomy of uterous

Hi Linda,

I am having my uterus removed, partially. I will not have my ovaries, fallopian tubes or cervix removed. No reason to.

I am also not having the entire uterus removed, as my DR removes it just above the cervix and on occasion, some patients have teeny little mini pad sized periods. That due to the fact that some of the cells and tissue in that remaining part may continue to have endometrium, ( I think that is the innner uterine tissue's name...), and behave as they always did once a month; shedding.

I have a fibroid that has done extensive damage, and even though I considered a Myomectomy, removal of only the fibroid, after much musing and research, I started to look seriously at a hysterectomy as my best choice.

All of us need to make an informed decision and need to understand the reason why a certain procedure has been offered by our DR as opposed to another.

This is a great place to get answers to some of our questions, but it is equally, if not more important, to voice your concerns to the DR caring for you.

No question for us is inappropriate when it comes to health and neither should it be for the Dr.

Hope we can help you along the way.

I am currently a LIW, and am waiting for the date to the Castle. I made up a list of questions and faxed them to my DR and he actually wrote down all the answers on that sheet and handed them to me after we discussed them. There is a list available from this wonderful website for you to use. Look under search and questions, as I do not remember where exactly it is posted. If you can't find it, simply go to help or to a Hostess on this pre-op site.
Unread 10-28-2003, 05:22 PM
hysterectomy of uterous

In three days I will be having just my uterus removed. Im having mine done totally Laparascopically. Im keeping Cervix, tubes and ovaries.

Unlike VIEZEL, even though I am keeping my cervix....I will not continue to have Mini-Periods because my doctor cauterizes the remaining endometrium tissue in the cervix to prevent this. So I wont have a period at all after my surgery. Some doctors do the cauterizing...some dont. I guess thats their own preference or technique whether they do or not.

Three more days.......OCT 31. Trick or Treat!!!
Unread 10-28-2003, 05:38 PM
hysterectomy of uterous

I had a TVH in 1992 at the age of 29, due to excessive bleeding, menoraggha. It was the best thing I ever did, I felt great 3 days post op and decided to drive and vacume, bad mistake, I woke up the next morning in horrible pain, went to the dr and found out I had a huge blood clot, and was in bed for the next week. So even if you feel just fine please take a word of advise......DONT OVER DO IT, AND LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!

I will be 2 mo post op from my BSO on November 5th, and I'm still listening to my body. As with any type of surgery listen to your dr. Best of luck to you. Sending many hugs across the miles, opps, quick grab them, there right in front of you.
Unread 10-29-2003, 02:33 AM
hysterectomy of uterous

Hi Linda

I had SAH (abdominal, kept ovaries and cervix) three months ago.
My doc is one who does not cauterize the remaining tissue, so I have had "mini' periods. This has amounted to 2 days, using only 1-2 panti-liners per day. More like very light spotting.
I have absolutley no regrets about the surgery. Had no problems, complications, and feel great! Glad I had it done!
I feel you should talk to your doctor, and be comfortable with what he wants to do. It is major surgery, and while our doctors perform alot of them, we have only one body, and can have this surgery only once.

s

Deb
Unread 10-29-2003, 04:59 AM
hysterectomy of uterous

Hi (((Linda)))

Welcome to Hyster Sisters.

In your other post a few days ago, you said:

Quote:
i have had alot of pains during intercourse. have had history of ovarian cyst. bacteria infections
I'm awfully sorry that you've been in pain, and have had problems, but have you had another opinion yet? A hysterectomy is major surgery, and (unless it's for a life-threatening reason) most doctors will suggest alternatives first.

I'd like to strongly urge you to please seek out at least one other opinion before making your decision. What tests have you had done? What diagnosis has your doctor given you?

Please spend some time reading through the Resource Forum and visit the Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives Forum where you'll find others who are researching whether a hyst is the right decision for them at this time.

I'm glad you found us, and hope that you'll not rush into surgery without being sure that it's right for you.

's
Unread 10-29-2003, 07:31 PM
hysterectomy of the uterous

In response to all the replys i recieved. i have had all kinds of test done. from colonoscopys, ultrasounds, catscans. xrays blood test,
and test i just dont remember the names for,, but were very painful and uncomfortable. one of the reason he suggest i have a hyster( removal of uterous only) which i have to search more into that. is because i have terrible pain during intercourse and days after. what i dont understand is, why the removal of the uterious andnot the cerivax.. isnt that what is being, as i guess should put it,, in the way? well i dont know, and have alot of reasearch, hope to hear from you soon ,thank you all so much and thank you for the great ideas, and websites. thank you again linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register