Depressed. Almost time to go back to work | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Depressed.  Almost time to go back to work Depressed. Almost time to go back to work

Unread 03-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Depressed. Almost time to go back to work

My 6 weeks will be up next Friday and I don't want to go back to work. My boss keeps telling me not to push myself yet emailing me everything that needs to be done THEN saying there is not that much for me to catch up on

I still don't sleep well at night and nap most days. I did schedule my first week back only 1/2 days. I just don't want to go I like staying at home but unfortunately I like to shop too Plus, I have a LONG walk to my office from the parking lot and I have checked on a temporary disability parking sticker and it seems I am not eligible. The walking itself is not usually too bad but with a purse and a lunch it may be a bit much

I bummed and just had to vent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2006, 02:54 PM

I know how you feel (((Big))). After 2 months at home I desperately wanted to get out, but not necessarily to work! You are smarter than I was to go ahead and just do 1/2 days when you go back. That was very wise.
I see that you have a long walk from the parking lot? Now that's something I go thru everyday! I work on a college campus and the parking is terrible. But you said you don't qualify for disabled parking? I'm sure that you do. Just tell your dr that you need one. He will give you a note and you can get one from DMV. I had to do that and I wasn't dealing with an incisions. But here in FL, going back to work in July and I have to walk 15 minutes at noon to get to my office! My dr wasn't about to let me do that. Do you think you can give your dr's office a call and let them know?
Unread 03-09-2006, 03:19 PM

I at my 6 week and I have to go be to work next week and I did want to go back either, but I didn't have any chose to because I've use my vacation time and I need to get paid. The problem is that I just cann't just sit or just go walking when need too. I asked my Dr so I can work 3 day out of a week and he just laughed at my.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2006, 03:32 PM

Know how you feel Big Chikin I'm two weeks out from returning to work and am dreading it. Course it may have been because the last day a business manager told me about a job he wants me to take and wanted to talk to me about it during recovery...two calls so far and I had told him I wouldn't talk to him about it until week four, not knowing how I'd do. So far he's batting zero for getting me to change from the job I like for the one he has open.

Plus that whole shopping thing, wonderful incentive eh?

I hope everything goes smoothly for you.
Unread 03-09-2006, 04:05 PM

Shera I work on a college campus too ROFL!!!

Parking is the pits
Unread 03-09-2006, 05:12 PM

Oh yeah...while I was reading your post, my boss called--weird, huh? Anyway, she is a *****; she's demanding that I come back to work a certain date so I can be there for some "consultants" who want to see how the team works together. Like I'm going to be able to do that after being out 10 weeks?! I won't even know where I am or what I am doing!! I hate the thought of going back. But we have a son in college, and I like to shop, too...and we just painted our house and are redoing some of it. So, I have no choice, but the days she wants me there are days I have doctor's appointments. So now what do I do?! If she has to cancel them, she can't get them in for another 2 to 3 months (so she says), and she doesn't want to do that. She is not one to go easy on anyone...you get thrown right back into the fire when you walk in the door. I am already getting a stomach ache from this! So, believe me, I understand!!!! But that doesn't mean I like it!!
Unread 03-09-2006, 05:18 PM

I feel like you guys are reading my mind. I am two weeks away from returning to work and I dread the thoughts of it. Worrying about going back has kept me from appreciating the time off. I know it's time to get a new job, easier said than done.
Unread 03-09-2006, 06:44 PM

I hear ya... I am back this week part time - which in reality isn't working. I went into the office on Monday and nearly died - tired; sore and lots of walking with a laptop and purse, etc. Probably over my 20 lb limit - no wonder I was sore. T-Thr I have spent at home on a conference call meeting - boss wanted me to travel on my first day back for this meeting - dr. said not a good idea so here I am trying to listen on the phone. At least I got to relax in my chair. Next week I am part time too and then full time after that. I don't feel like I am ready to go back and need more mental time to recharge. Dr. couldn't or wouldn't sign me out for more time as I didn't have any complications and insurance company may give him trouble. It I wanted to fight it he would try too but I guess not worth the hassle. It is good to get back in the swing - but I have made a promise to myself to not over commit and take more time for myself vs. the job.
Unread 03-09-2006, 07:31 PM

I am not going to want to go back either! I still have a while before I have to worry about that. I have a long walk to the building where I work, too. I do have a suggestion. I have one of those collapsable coolers on wheels. It is kind of square, not as large as a full size ice chest. I will wheel my lunch bag and purse around in that when I first go back to work. Another idea would be a backpack on wheels. I have a desk job, so it should not be too bad, although I am only a week out from surgery right now and can't imagine being all healed and feeling better yet.
Unread 03-09-2006, 07:31 PM

I can really relate! I didn't want to go back to work yet either, but had to after 6 weeks. I felt great for a day and a half, then the fatigue hit. I made it through the week by coming in a little late and going home a little early if I needed to. By Friday evening I was hurting like I hadn't hurt in two weeks, so if you can go back part-time,t hat would really help. This week, week 7 for me has definitely been better! I do get very tired around 4:00, then perk up a bit after dinner. The other thing that has helped me is to take it as easy as possible at night.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register