Scheduled TAH Time it takes to return to work | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Time it takes to return to work Time it takes to return to work

Unread 06-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Time it takes to return to work

has anyone gone wright back to work after
hysterectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Re: work ?

Marie251 -

What do you mean by "right back to work"? The earliest that I've heard and this is for least invasive, least removed, no post complications is 2 to 3 weeks.

Most sisters are out more like 6 to 8 weeks.

What type of procedure is being considered for you? That will help people give you better information.

G.
Unread 06-30-2009, 10:12 PM

oh sorry l'm having a tah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2009, 09:56 PM

Marie251 -

For a TAH I would look at a longer time, probably 6 to 8 weeks but check with your DR.

I'll put that in your thread title so you might get more feedback from sisters that had a TAH.

G.
Unread 07-01-2009, 10:26 PM

I am a TAH and will say from my own experience there is no way I could have gone back. I am on my fourth week and still so very tired. I did not have any complications just a tired body recovering from the trauma of the surgery. I was out for 6 weeks but now I am thinking maybe 8 makes more sense. The energy level goes up and down, three days ago I felt almost normal and then BLAM now I am dead tired and on the couch all day. I attempted to cook something this morning and it wiped me out. If I was at work I could not even stand to sit in a chair, I certainly could not drive home if I found work was too much to handle.
Take it easy and take care!
Unread 07-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Re: Time it takes to return to work

I had a TAH/BSO 7 weeks ago tomorrow, and just started back to work part time this week. It would have been impossible for me to go back any sooner. It really depends on what you do for a living as to what your doctor will recommend for you. I've had a very good recovery without any complications other than hot flashes and night sweats, which are now under control with supplements. I am very fortunate. so, it will really depend on what your doctor will let you do in line with your own recovery. good luck to you!
Unread 07-02-2009, 08:01 PM

Hi Marie251,

I had a TAH seven weeks ago. Still get tired quickly. Going back to work the second week of July,. So, 8 weeks for me. You really need the rest afterwards. I think 6 - 8 weeks is about right. Good luck!

Theresa
TAH 5/14/09
Fibroids
Kept both ovaries
Unread 07-03-2009, 04:53 AM

I had an SAH and BSO on the 23rd June and my medical team have signed me off work for seven weeks before they'll even discuss me going back.

I do have the complication of being in a strong recovery from CFS/ME/CFIDS as well. This means Ill probably use annual leave from work plus some more medical sick leave notes to take ten weeks in total before I go back.

I do an office job but there's LOTS of walking, sometimes up to 3-4 miles a day.
Unread 07-03-2009, 11:50 AM

6 weeks at least for abdominal incisions. You don't say what kind of work you do -- I guess if you are in an all day seated job it could be sooner.

Ask your doctor.
Unread 07-03-2009, 08:06 PM

Had TAH April30th, just got back to work June 29th, and I still have a hole in my bladder from the surgery. So I could have gone back at 6 weeks. It's better is you can work part time the first week to see how tired you get.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register