9 days post hysterectomy: Sharp pain on one side of incision? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

9 days post hysterectomy: Sharp pain on one side of incision? 9 days post hysterectomy: Sharp pain on one side of incision?

Unread 07-05-2016, 12:21 AM
9 days post hysterectomy: Sharp pain on one side of incision?

Hi all, I'm now 9 days post hysterectomy. I was doing really well but am experiencing very sharp pain around the far right side of the incision when I stand up and walk. The other side has actually been the one that is draining a little but neither side looks infected. It is right under where the plasticky sort of steristrips are. It is so bad that yesterday I hardly walked at all other than to the bathroom and back to recliner or bed. Thought the total rest day would help but it is just as insistent a pain today. I did slightly stumble on getting out of a chair the day before yesterday and when I spoke to the dr he said I might have pulled something to cause the pain when I took that stumble. However, should it be quite so bad two days later? I don't know. Should I be walking more today? Just gritting my teeth through the pain? I'm not afraid of the pain but of what it might mean for the healing process....Any help appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2016, 02:35 AM
Re: Sharp pain on one side of incision?

Hi Tansicle,

when I had my c-sections I felt what can only be described as a finger covered in salt being pushed and wiggled in the end of my incision on one side. I was told it was because it was where the drain had been placed during the operation. I felt it slightly this time around with the hysterectomy but not nearly so bad. I think it may be due to the abdominal binder I wore after surgery this time as it allowed me to walk upright straight away and therefore I was not leaning to one side or stooping over as I walked. Do you have a binder?

There are many reasons why you might be feeling this pain - so if you feel you are getting nowhere ask for a second opinion.

Hope you get some relief soon,

Anglo XX
Unread 07-05-2016, 03:50 AM
Re: 9 days post hysterectomy: Sharp pain on one side of incision?

Dear Anglo,

Thank you so much for your reply. It is really helpful. I do have a binder and will try wearing it more today. ��

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register