5 Wks - Tah - Dog Jumped On Middle Of Tummy....... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 Wks - Tah - Dog Jumped On Middle Of Tummy....... 5 Wks - Tah - Dog Jumped On Middle Of Tummy.......

Unread 06-01-2005, 11:07 PM
5 Wks - Tah - Dog Jumped On Middle Of Tummy.......

Hey guys! I just wanted to say thanks for all of the help you have all given me during the last 5 wks.......I think I may have gone crazy otherwise! Each time I had a question or concern, I just logged on here and low and behold, someone else had already asked it and had lots of suggestions to follow it up with. Well now is my turn....I go to the dr on Friday for my check-up, however I am concerned. Last night I was asleep on the couch and my dog (miniature wienie dog - 15 pounds) jumped up in the middle of my stomach. Needless to say I was nearly hysterical for a good hour or more. I really expected to be spotting last night or today, but have not had any vaginal issues. My stomach is alot more sore today and the swelly belly is to the upmost extreme! Do you think I should be concerned? Also, is it normal to feel more exhausted in your 5th or 6th week? I have still been adhearing to the "rest" instructions, however I am just whipped it seems like all the time.

I appreciate all of your support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2005, 11:15 PM

Just make sure your dogs nails are clipped short and maybe try to always nap with a pillow on your stomache.
Unread 06-02-2005, 05:46 AM

If my 20 pound Jack Russell Terrier jumped on my stomach (I'm also 5 weeks out) I would be terrified. Who knows what damage it could cause? I would say probably nothing, but it's always good to find out for sure.

I have felt tired on and off this week more than the week before so I can relate to the tired feeling. Again, I have to keep in mind that I am still recoverying and to add my activities day by day.

Best wishes to you. Let us know what the dr. says about the dog.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2005, 05:56 AM

Okay, I had a TVH, but had what I would consider to be a VERY similar pain, considering I had no outside incision. Three weeks postop, I watched my DD's class at school so the teacher could take a break at lunch. My DD's class sits at the table with the learning disability class, whom I have subbed for before and are a delight. This day, however, one of the little girls (who has very serious emotional problems as well) went ballistic over another child's refusal to give her his cupcake. When I tried to calm her down, she ran full force and headbutted me right in the stomach! This child is 180 lbs., and 5'2". I saw stars, sister, and nearly hit my knees. The next day, I was very tender, and my belly was HUGE! Called my doc, because no bleeding or discharge, and he said I was probably in the clear. He was right. If you are concerned, though, with that outside incision, better to be safe than sorry. Just wanted to share my experience with you!
Vanessa
Unread 06-02-2005, 07:13 AM

I had a similar thing happen the second day after my hysterectomy. I had a TLH with a bladder sling, stayed one night in the hospital. Came home next evening. Was lying on the couch, and my cat jumped from the back of the sofa right onto my stomach. I was about insane with the pain, and learned that I need to keep a pillow on my stomach.

I didn't have any extra bleeding, but I screamed like a maniac for it must have been at least 2 minutes straight.

I would call the doctor to be sure, but I think you're probably okay.
Unread 06-02-2005, 07:36 PM

I was REALLY tired all last week (5 weeks), but have much more energy this week. Can't tell you what made the difference.
Unread 06-02-2005, 08:35 PM

I just hit my 4th wk postop. I notice that when I'm feeling really good and peppy I do something extra. Today I got the notion that we need a generator since its hurricane season and Florida is tax free on hurricane supplies right now. I was out for two hours looking for this thing and came home empty handed and exhausted. It took the rest of the day to rest up. DH was attentive and sympathetic when he got home, but knew better than to try to make sense of my sometimes wacky notions I get lately! Must be those hormones!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register