3 Months Yesterday!!!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 Months Yesterday!!!!!!!!! 3 Months Yesterday!!!!!!!!!

Unread 12-10-2005, 09:11 PM
3 Months Yesterday!!!!!!!!!

It's been 3 months since my surgery! 3 months of no periods!!!! 3 months of no pads or tampons!!!! It's GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! Hormones are evening out. According to the 3 month checklist, I am definitely in full fledged menopause. Of course, there wasn't any doubt since I had everything taken out.

The first 6 weeks weren't that great. It was an adjustment going back to work. I'm back to doing everything just like before the surgery -- housework (including the vacuuming and sweeping), 40 hour + work week, lifting (although still not lifting over 20 pounds).

Took my first trip back home to Tennessee at Thanksgiving. Was tiring but I made it.

Intimacy with hubby is better than before the surgery. Just remember to wait and follow your DR's instruction to wait the full 6 weeks before intimacy. The best thing is to follow all your DR's instruction in regard to everything!

I just wanted to give all hope that it will get better. I know to some it may seem like all is going wrong right now...it's a normal feeling. It does get better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2005, 09:25 PM

Thank you for posting that. I really needed to hear that tonight. I hope you continue to progress in your recovery!!!
Unread 12-10-2005, 09:27 PM

Thank you for the encouragement!
So good to hear someone that knows where we are
and can tell us it DOES get better!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2005, 05:52 AM

You sound so positive, it's really encouraging. Thanks for making me feel there is light at the end of the tunnel. Where did you find the 3 month checklist? I thought it only went up to 6 weeks?
Unread 12-11-2005, 05:56 AM

Yes, thank you for the encouragement. Needed to hear that!
Unread 12-11-2005, 07:32 AM

Hystersisters will send you the checkpoint list at different intervals in your recovery. It's very helpful and once again affirmed that I was experiencing the very typical symptoms after the surgery.

I wasn't too positive the first few weeks after the surgery. The gas problem was very very bad. There was the awful odor during the first two weeks (I totally freaked out about that one!) It seemed like I was one major stink ball! It comes from the healing and the anesthesia. Didn't know that one either till I found this sight.

I had a cuff infection and a bladder infection. When the DR used the silver nitrate for some granulation, I had an awful brown discharge.

Instead of the 3 weeks I was supposed to be off from work, I had to take 5 off. I was very scared the first couple of times during intimacy. Oh and not to mention the fact that I was scared that it was different down there and my DH wouldn't feel the same about it.

All of this is normal but no one told me that prior to finding this site. Also, don't be scared to call your DR. Tell them what you are experiencing and if it's a normal thing or if you need to come into the office.

Just remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel and one day you will wake up and realize that you haven't thought about your surgery or any of the yuck stuff after it and that you actually do feel pretty good, if not great!
Unread 12-11-2005, 01:32 PM

YEAH Jenn!
I am SO GLAD that you are doing so well and that you have posted about it. I remember your first few weeks after surgery and reading those early posts (when things were not going as well) and those posts were really helpful to me too (especially when my body decided to do some exotic things during my first weeks or recovery). I don't know if I ever thanked you for sharing the good, the bad and the ugly back then.

Ladies, Jenn is right... there IS light at the end of the tunnel (well at least there has been for me too). I feel better now than I can remember feeling. I have a sex life now that I am so thankful for. I don't have CONSTANT pain and I dont bleed all of the time and I'm not anemic. I still am working on my stamina, but I am winning this battle more often than not. My sleeping patterns are getting better now too.

Jenn is right ~ follow your doctor's instuctions and call them if you are in a situation where you are hurting and in doubt. It might be nothing (and then you gain peace of mind) and if there is something you need treatment for ~ well then you will be on the road to recovery again all the sooner.

GOOD LUCK ALL OF YOU!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register