TAH Sore, painful & dizzy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sore, painful & dizzy Sore, painful & dizzy

Unread 12-11-2015, 11:15 AM
Sore, painful & dizzy

Hello,
First of all, this site has kept me sane these past few weeks after surgery.
I had my TAH and kept both my ovaries on Friday, November 20, 2015. The surgery went very well and I hope I am healing nicely. I was able to go home that Sunday Nov. 22. But my mom was hospitalized the previous week and took a turn for the worse and passed away December 1, 2015. I over did it and walked and was on my feet way too much while being with her at the hospital before she passed. It has been very stressful and my pain has been bad especially on my left side but I'm resting more now with lots of help from my husband. But I have been getting these dizzy spells. I feel very lightheaded sometimes. I don't know if it's from stress or from the surgery. Has anyone else been dizzy like this 21 days after surgery?

Thank you,
Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2015, 01:02 PM
Re: Sore, painful & dizzy

Hi! First my condolences on the loss of your mom. Kudos to your DH for helping you.

I dd experience dizziness within a couple of weeks after surgery. It had to do with a combination of the anesthesia and my diet. Are you eating/drinking on a regular basis. Prior to surgery I was used to having two large meals (brunch and what we call lunner Lol) a day. Following surgery, I found it was better for me to eat/snack on up to 5 smaller meals a day. Doing so eliminated the dizzy spells.

As far as the pain, do you find it lessens as you rest? If not, then you may want to call your Dr. The peace of mind might help you relax which will result in less discomfort too.

Once again, sorry for the loss of your mom. Please know you're in our thoughts and prayers.
Unread 12-11-2015, 02:18 PM

Hi, thank you for your reply. Before surgery I would eat around lunch time then dinner only, and I found I cannot do that after surgery. I eat an early breakfast, and if I do not eat a piece of fruit or snack of any kind I feel so weak and dizzy, so I eat a banana whenever I feel weak, then I eat lunch and dinner. I am going to eat more throughout the day and hopefully that helps. And yes after I wake from a nap I do feel better, it just seems the pain is worse now than the first week. I guess it's normal though. I think I'm just stressed right now but I feel everything will get better.

Thank you for your reply. It feels good knowing someone else has and is going through the same thing as myself. I feel like I am not alone.

Thanks again,
Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2015, 02:44 PM

Hi! I am so sorry for your loss!! I'm 18 days post opp and I feel the same way. Very dizzy and lightheaded. I actually called the Dr today because I'm also having lower back (right above bum)
Did u have that? So thankful to talk to other woman going through this.
Unread 12-11-2015, 04:07 PM
Sore, painful & dizzy

Hi, thank you, I have lower back pain also but I assumed it was from not being able to exercise and walk around more. But yes I hope it goes away soon and I am starting to eat fruit and snacks more often throughout the day to see if that helps with my dizziness. I go to the doctor Tuesday so I will see what he says. Hopefully we all feel better soon!

Thank you,
Melissa
Unread 12-11-2015, 05:59 PM
Sore, painful & dizzy

My deepest sympathies for the loss of your mom.

I've narrowed my dizziness down to rest. It's like my body says, "Ok, that's enough, go lie down." The stomach pain is very minimal so that doesn't slow me down. The dizziness sends me straight to bed. Sleep or no sleep, it goes away if I lie down horizontally for an hour or so. I only pushed it once. I tried to ignore it to see if it would go away and I got a headache that scared me AND the hubby. It was like something was squeezing my forehead. Not the worst headache of all time, but I've never felt pressure in that part of my head before (I'm more of a facial sinus pressure gal). We Googled my symptoms and it turned out to be a tension headache. I didn't feel anxious or stressed, but my healing body was. I don't ignore the dizziness anymore.
Unread 12-11-2015, 07:39 PM
Sore, painful & dizzy

Hi, thank you, I always feel better after sleeping or a nap. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Thank you,
Melissa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register