How are all of the 6 month sisters doing? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are all of the 6 month sisters doing? How are all of the 6 month sisters doing?

Unread 03-19-2006, 07:27 PM
How are all of the 6 month sisters doing?

Hello All,

Today is my 6th month mark.

I am very pleased @ my progress. I am up to walking
my full 4 1/2 miles per day @ my presurgery time of 1 hour and 10 minutes. Also threw in a couple of steep inclines last week and did well. It seems the more I , the better and stronger I feel. I have not yet returned to Curves Gym but plan to soon.

I did have an abdominal X-Ray last week as I still have a sore spot to the left of my incison. Do not have those results yet, but my Dr. thinks everything is probably just fine.

I am doing very well on my Vivelle Dot 0.1-but can say that I do have some soreness in some of my joints and am battling some facial hair that I did not have pre-surgery. I lost my ovaries unexpectadly due to endo but have really felt better on the HRT than I was with my own. I may add a low dose of testosterone in the future.
I am also gaining some weight in my upper abdomen but my lower abdomen is smaller with that giant uterus out.

The whole surgery did not come anywhere close to the pain I experienced every month with my period for a couple of years before I finally agreed to have this surgery. I did not have a textbook surgery. I lost over a liter of blood and woke up with a drain in. My hemaglobin dropped from 12.9 to 9.0 after surgery. Again, I also lost my ovaries-that I did not count on doing. To feel this good @ 6 months, however, I know that things are just going to get better and better. My hemaglobin was up to 14.5 @ 3 months post op.

To all of you sisters in waiting.....that is the hardest time. It just gets better after that. I will say that the pain with all of this is not as bad as the lingering fatigue-which will pass in time. You have to be very patient with yourself and hold yourself back on the days that you do feel good, or you will pay for it later.

Invest in a good girdle-it has been my salvation for the soreness and I am still wearing it.

I hope all of you are coming along as well.

I send and

Sweetpea
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2006, 08:30 PM

Hey Sweet Pea

Happy 6-month today - we share a hyster date! I'm doing okay but more slothful than you. I don't walk nearly as much as I should but health wise I'm fine. Dealing with vaginal dryness - no HRT due to cancer - but seem to be getting on track with RePlens, a no-hormone moisturiser. Brain fog only comes up once in a while thank heavens, so school work is back on track. My moods have also settled back to my calmer pre-surgery state, much to my DH's delight. Sleeping issues are being dealt with with a prescription or 1/2 a Gravol, depending on whether I've had wine with dinner or not.

On the whole, I'd say I'm in good shape and so glad that the "alien" has been dealt with. Next follow-up is July for the dreaded "smear".

Cheers and best wishes to all.
s..........Wendy
Unread 03-19-2006, 11:00 PM

Hi Sweet Pea,

I'll be 6 months' post op on the 21st. Everything is pretty much back to normal and I'm feeling well. I still don't have much of an appetite, though, and am down about 8-10 pounds. Doing better emotionally also. I feel pretty confident the cancer won't recur and I think about it less and less.

It's amazing that 6 months have passed already - last fall seems like a dream!

Hugs,
Pearl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2006, 08:26 AM

Hi Ladies, I'll be at that 6 months spot in a few days. Phew, I can't believe how time flies. Look at how much we've all been through. I have to say I'm feeling much better these days. I am still swellybellied though. I'm hopeful I won't have anymore borderline ovarian cancer tumors too. Now my goal is to lose a couple of pounds and tone up. So many months without exercise has made Lilli a marshmallow bellied girl. I can't take any HRTs due to possible cancer cells. The hotflashes aren't fun, but the alternative would be worse (so I'm told.) Other than that, I shouldn't complain and hope all of us are blessed with a healthy and happy future.

Hugs to all my sisters,

Lilli

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register