Pubic hair question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pubic hair question Pubic hair question

Unread 04-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Pubic hair question

I have been putting this thread off in hopes that my issue with it all would go away however it has not.I'm not sure what I'm feeling but I seem to think that possibly some of my pubic hair that is growing back is growing ingrown if that's at all possible.The top of my pubic line just above my incision can get quite uncomfortable.Anybody else feeling this?
Oh and by the way my 21 year old daughter thinks I should get rid of this whole pubic hair thing she says it's aging me!!! Whatever
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2007, 10:05 PM
Pubic hair question

I had my whole area "trimmed" as the doctor told me he was going to do when I asked about pubic shaving. I figured that meant just cutting some off the top to shorten the length. No, it meant cutting it down as far as trimmers would go. Boy, was I a little surprised. LOL But they didn't shave me with a razor so I don't have any ingrown hairs, but I can say the growing back part is VERY IRRITATING!!! I hate it! It's now long enough to where it is finally starting to curl again, unfortunately it is all wanting to curl inward and stabs me in the clitoris sometimes which is very painful!! I also end up getting stabbed on my inner thighs some too as the hair sticks through my underwear. The whole ordeal with the pubes has been one of the worst parts of my whole experience. LOL So I guess all in all that's not too bad if that's one of the worst things I can complain about.

Hope your issues with yours resolve soon. I know I was glad when mine finally started softening up here in the past few days. Hair conditioner helps too.
Unread 04-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Pubic hair question

I haven't gotten that far. Still in week 2. Just a thought...might using a panty liner help keep short hairs from stabbing your inner thighs? I've used one since surgery and don't have that problem. But of course, I was neither shaved, nor trimmed. I was supposed to have a TVH--and there was not time to do anything when I suddenly went TAH. I have yet to find out what hairs in my incision is going to feel like. I may be screaming in a couple of weeks. Hope it gets better for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Pubic hair question

Hair conditioner.
Great stuff.
"Clipping" or "nipping" whatever they call it...stinks!
Unread 04-11-2007, 07:37 AM
Pubic hair question

Hi! YES I felt like I had a porcupine in my pants for a week or so!
Unread 04-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Pubic hair question

My doctor told me to do a complete shave before my surgery. (he also said that I could let them do it, but I wanted to save a little bit of my dignity! LOL!) I was dreading the itching when the hair grew back, but surprisingly it didn't itch. It is possible to get ingrown hairs down there. I don't really know what to tell you to do about it though. Hopefully the discomfort won't last too long for you!
Unread 04-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Pubic hair question

cortizone cream is a god send.... It takes away the itch and soothes any razor burn you may have (the red itchy bumps).
Unread 04-11-2007, 10:33 AM
warm compresses

On the areas that are feeling "ingrown" you might try keeping moist warm compresses on it a couple times a day. To open up the pores and let the irritation out.

As to hair in the incision. I can only speak from my prior experience with ingunial hernia (groin area) repair and a C-Section. My pub hair line stops at my incision. No hair grew/grows in it or past it. Hopefully, you too will be spared that form of torture.

Interestinly, I wasn't shaved or trimmed at all for my TVH. Never asked the Dr. about it, because I just assumed I would be. Was very surprised to find out I hadn't been when I was finally alert enough to notice. Very grateful too.

Good Healing. Hope the compress idea helps. LJC
Unread 04-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Pubic hair question

Thanks for all the advice girls!! I will try each and every one of the tips until this problem is resolved.And maybe ,just maybe it will leave my body.Almost sounds like poltergeist!!! Porcupine in you underwear,how funny is that!
Unread 04-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Pubic hair question

My 21 yr old daughter suggested using your deodorant when you shave your pubic area it stops the itching and you will not have the red bumps. Tried it after surgery and it worked.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register