Numbness in Neck? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Numbness in Neck? Numbness in Neck?

Unread 03-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Numbness in Neck?

I seem to have a very unusual side-effect of surgery. Every since day 2 I have noticed an odd sensation in the right side of my neck under the jaw sweeping toward the front of my throat. It kind of feels like when your foot falls asleep. First day I kept thinking it was my long hair falling there but the sensation has continued 1wk +2days later. It gets worse when I first stand up. Anyone every have anything like it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Numbness in Neck?

Hi
I haven't had the same experience but after my emergency lap in Nov my cervical muscles were in spasms for a few weeks. I informed the anesthesiologist before my LAVH and asked him to be mindful of my neck position. What kind of surgery did you have, maybe it is positional?
Unread 03-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Numbness in Neck?

Thanks for your reply - my question was so odd I wasn't sure I'd get any answers here. I had a TAH on Mar. 11. I have back and neck issues and have been told in a past surgery that I was hard to intibate (sorrry for the spelling). I made sure to speak with my anest. about this before surgery. Position does make sense though. I guess if it persists until my 4 wk ckup, I should bring it up. When I brought it up with my nurses at the hospital, they dismissed me.[/font]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Numbness in Neck?

I started having neck pain 3 days after I returned home. It started like you say, in the front of the throat like a tingle. then changed to a muscle around the back of my neck. It got so bad at 1 week that I made an appt with my regular Dr and she said she thought I had gotten a cervical spasm from intubation during surgery and the way my head was placed. I can tell that is what happened cause it is only hurts when I tilt my head back and off to one side.

The Dr. prescribed a muscle relaxer and anti inflammatory and it went away for a few weeks. Then last week I must have slept on it wrong and the pain is back. Back on the muscle relaxers and anti inflammatory again.

I'm hoping this is not something that I have again, I never had neck problems pre-op.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register