6 week post op appt!!! :O) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 week post op appt!!! :O) 6 week post op appt!!! :O)

Unread 05-21-2012, 10:33 AM
6 week post op appt!!! :O)

Well, today had my internal exam.... NOT what I expected, NO Pain, a little pressure, he prodded and pushed my belly.... asked if I can exercise, treadmill etc.. he said, I can do 'everything'.... SO, guess that is a good report. NO follow-up..... got my mammo pres. for June (Yearly) and off I went!!! Got my note to return to work on Wednesday, ( teacher) and stopped off and saw my students!!! BEST MEDICINE there is.... so, I guess I have no excuses now but to get back into the game of life. I have been quite active.... and I think part of my good recovery, is I did push myself at times... it made me stronger!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Re: 6 week post op appt!!! :O)

That sounds really good, I had mine today wasn't very comfortable. This is what I posted in my recovery forum:

Well had my 6wks post op check today. Whew!!! Not very comfortable. I am not one who usually has an uncomfortable exam my Dr is really good, but today, not so much. He gave me another week off work but I opted to go tomorrow. By the time I got home and the pains kicked in from the exam I called the office back and I'm going back next week. I have been officially deemed a slow healer. He does not like the way my incisions look. I am not infected but they are still open.

BTW, no uti so constant bathroom must be from all the water I am drinking. Resume sex in a week, however, I am saying four!!

Oh and I forgot that he said if I did resume sex there may be some pink, but if there is any bright red blood, even a spot, call him. I love my Dr, he is so caring

He also said that he expects me to still come to my yearly exams. He said because he does other things in addition to pap such as breast, he checks spleen & liver by palpitation to ensure not growths, as well as pelvic floor, ovaries, rectum, bladder. He said there is a low cancer risk with no cervix but who knows whether there in the large percentage of no cancer or the smaller percentage that does get it. Did I mention that I just Love my Dr!!!
Unread 05-21-2012, 11:40 AM

Well, Lainey, sounds like you do need some more time. My exam was very much like a pap.... and he seemed to just push around etc... pushed on my belly area, internal and out... did not hurt at all, more just unc omfy. I did not spot afterwards.... I did not 'ask' about sex, just assumed that I have the aok... and not really sure I am ready for that... Yes, I am to go for my annual exam... mine, too does the breast checks etc.. but my mammo and paps are all off schedule!! I know that my last pap was in December... :O) Glad you love your, dr. I, too, hugged mine and told him I would not have done this w/out him. Love that trust factor. What incisions did he not like? Internal???? Are your exterior healed? Mine are closed and pink. At first, they felt abit bumpy but not now.. all smooth. I hope you heal properly and don't have to deal w/ anymore worries. That is the worst. Keep me posted!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2012, 11:54 AM

Newme congratulations on your good report!!!! Good luck on your 1st day back on Wednesday.

Laineylaine, I feel for you that your appointment didn't go as well. As you said, we all heal at different rates and your body just needs a little more time It's good that there's no infection.
I'll keep you in prayer.
Keep us posted.
Unread 05-21-2012, 12:22 PM

Thanks ladies I appreciate that. It was the external ones. They had gotten infected so they are not cute. Still a little open and after I get out the shower they will seep that clear serous healing fluid. I guess the warm water triggers it. I had to take ibuprofen after my exam. I was surprised at the tightness. Just the speculum was tight and when he opened it I was like wow, this feels virginal. He started laughing. The two finger exam after that was also uncomfortable and to me more "penis-like" if you will. He said that is an good indication on whether I think I'm ready or not. And I said, "No, I'm Not!!". Good thing out of the visit is I gave him the hystersister book to read. I told him this is what kept me from calling your all the time. He says he's going to read it and he may refer his patients to this site! I think that is really cool.
Unread 05-21-2012, 12:29 PM

Ok, Lainey, take care of yourself!!! Glad you gave him the book! I ordered one, but never got it.. this site is a lifesaver, in my opinion!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register