Scheduled for Sept 19....with a few ?'s!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scheduled for Sept 19....with a few ?'s!! Scheduled for Sept 19....with a few ?'s!!

Unread 09-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Scheduled for Sept 19....with a few ?'s!!

I am so glad that I found this site!! I am scheduled for a Supracervical Hysterectomy on September 19th. Surgeon said it will not be done laproscopically but will be done with a bikini line incision. Only my uterus will be removed. I am ok with the surgery, but would like to know if anyone has had the Supracervical performed with incision and not lap., how was the recovery and did you have a bowel prep?? Any advice for post op period I'd appreciate!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2007, 11:40 PM

Hell Sister Renee, I didnt have to bowel prep, I had a TAH/BSO with a 8 inch bikini cut. It weird too, they didnt want me to put anything on the bikini cut after surgery either, I did keep my staple for a week by accident, they forgot to take them out before check out anyway I was allowed to have quick showers... they said just leave it alone.. so I left it alone until it started to itch and I put some peroxide on it after my shower, I also used soft cloth diapers to cover it instead of gauze when I wore anything like panties or PJ bottoms, man they really helped with having issues of rubbing and such. GREAT CUSHION...I got a big pack of prefold ones at walmart for 11 bucks this way I washed them and didnt waste money on gauze that didnt work or have cushion. Now I use them as dish cloths in the kitchen, double duty!! Plus if you can have someone write down times you take meds to keep track of your meds the first week you will want to take more then you should, my DD kept track or I would have taken more then I should have. YOu will be fine, I also kept a little basket on my bed or night stand with my tv remote and house or cell phone and DVD remote and reading glasses and such in it so I knew where everything was MY BEST thing was I hung up a back scrather next to the bed, you have NO IDEA how many times I needed a good scrath and no one around to scratch it!! heh.. IN THE HOSPITAL TOO! Read the post about going to the castle, good stuff there.. I learned a lot there.. pre op.. from what to pack and what you really will need, Gas X was a must for me they just take tooo long to get an ok for gas pain meds, so I just took it, I love the melting strips they have out now, they are less then 4.00 at wallmart for 18 and can you believe I saw them at a grocery store for 9.00!!??? huge rip off! GOOD LUCK
Unread 09-10-2007, 04:49 PM

Hi Renee: I talked to my doctor before even consenting to have the hysterectomy done to ask him about that bowel prep. So my doc said that he wouldn't have me drink the stuff. However, I had a pre-op pre-admission test at the hospital and they gave me a whole bunch of stuff to read and they said that an enema was required. Yuk! But after reading a few posts on this site I feel like it will be easy. Well, easier than drinking something icky (in my opinion).

Everyone on this board is so nice to give us sisters some great advice!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register