Loose stools anyone..sorry | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Loose stools anyone..sorry Loose stools anyone..sorry

Unread 02-27-2010, 01:25 PM
Loose stools anyone..sorry

I know gross but my stools were fine until last evening. I have had loose stools all three times. Like I have mentioned before the only pain I am really having is gas pain and every time I get bad pains I go to the bathroom but since last night my stools are very loose, I guess you could say diarrhea. Is this normal? I am taking in about 3-4 gm of fiber a day. Maybe I need more?

I have had this tight heavy feeling right where uterus use to be since surgery. I feel like I am carrying around a bowling bowl. Will this go away? There is not one spot on my stomach that does not feel tight or feel like my muscles have had a mega workout.

Thanks again.Jenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Re: Loose stools anyone..sorry

I wish --- mine are like rocks -- it is killing me! I don't know what else to do!
Unread 02-27-2010, 01:59 PM

aww, I'm sorry. Mine never were hard so I don't know that pain. Are you eating fiber? I never was on any heavy pain med so maybe that is why, and only took Darvaset for a couple of days when I got home and have been off all meds. Are you taking pain meds? You poor thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2010, 02:01 PM

Jenn, You're are getting to much fiber if you are experiencing diarrhea. In fact, the pain you are having is due to diarrhea. No it is not normal. The tight feelings in your stomach is though. You are swelling, which is normal, thus causing the tightness. If you had an abdominal incision, your muscles have been cut and resewed together which increases the tightness feeling. Some of the "gas" might be your body releasing air from where your uterus was. At least that is what my doc told me.
Unread 02-27-2010, 04:06 PM

Hi Jenn,
could you have a little stomach bug maybe?

As for the fiber - I had a friend who had horrible chronic diarrhea and nutritionist said she wasn't getting enough fiber and when she increased and started eating raisin brain (ex) and foods with more fiber, etc she had no more diarrhea. But in my personal experience the opposite is true too - too much fiber can lead to diarrhea.

Either way, I feel for ya. If it continues I would contact the doc - you can lose a lot of electrolytes with diarrhea. That's nothing to fool with.

PS - I normally get about 20-25 g fiber daily and no diarrhea here.

Hope you're feeling better soon!
Unread 02-27-2010, 04:13 PM

I'm only taking it as needed. I had a hard surgery so still a little pain. I'm taking meds to make the stools soft, but dosen't seem to work. I'm eating apples and drinking alot of water! They said it would take a while because I had a 10 cm thing on my colon (said it was like healing fluid from last surgery two years ago) and they had to remove it off my colon! I guess it will get better!
Unread 02-27-2010, 08:10 PM

I don't know if I am getting too much fiber. I also had a hot dog and french fries the other night, that is when it started. I have been eating sweets also. I gave up cigarettes the day of surgery and have not had one since and do not plan on it so I am eating everything...lol.

I am only going when I have the gas pains which I have been doing just this time it is very loose. I will see how it goes tomorrow and if continues will have to call Dr.

ALW0128 - try prune juice. I have tried the apple thing before and it only made me constipated.
Unread 02-28-2010, 06:28 AM

Sweets will also cause diarrhea if you eat too many of them. Meds will also cause it, remember that going two to three times a day is normal. Not to be gross, but a normal stool looks like a pecan log. Gas pains come with the territory of loose stools. I would definitely cut down on sweets and fiber, drink more water to see if it helps.
Unread 02-28-2010, 07:54 AM

Well back to normal this morning. It must of been what I had for dinner the night before. (hot dog and french fries).grease!.. Although whenever I eat something my stomach gets extended, even a small meal. I just can't wait until all the gas leaves my body. I see the Dr. on Thursday to have my staples removed so I will be sure to ask her how long the gas is to last.

Yes, no more sweets for me. The fiber I was/am only getting like 4 or 6 grams a day. I had a salad last night so maybe that helped firm things up for this morning. Thanks Ladies!
Unread 03-06-2010, 05:46 PM

I have had nothing but loose stools (diarrhea) since the day after surgery. It's like the colon cleanse never ended. I've been so good about my diet and hydration, too. Walking a lot as well. Ideas or suggestions? I will call the doc if no improvement by Monday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register