Am I just crazy or what? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I just crazy or what? Am I just crazy or what?

Unread 10-18-2004, 10:25 PM
Am I just crazy or what?

I am scheduled for a TAH on 11/10. To give a little background, I am 38 yrs young and am finished having babies. DD is 5 and DS is 8. I have a history of soft bipolar and am on meds to contol it but I feel like I am losing my mind. My DH thinks he is living with some woman that is not his wife. I know I'm making him crazy and am pulling away from him. Is this normal?

I am snappy and pretty much hard to live with at this point. I've had it trying everything to fix the constant bleeding and now pain. I had problems with the thought of having the hyst but now embrace it as the release from my burden.

How can I let my DH know that I love him but need some space? I've emailed the link for Mister Hyster Sisters but he hasn't read it. Denial, denial, denial.

Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Am I just crazy or what?

Hi JS and HUGS!

I'm 34, no kids, and no DH or SO. I suffer from major depression and have been on meds for several years now.

You are facing something major in your life and the stress can be overwhelming. I was looking forward to my surgery because I needed to solve several problems. But, I was still jumpy and nervous and short with those who were trying to help me through (my mom, a couple of close friends). I also pulled away from those who care about me. I just didn't want to deal with life and those in it.

For me, it was just the stress of it all that made me feel that way. I even upped my dose of meds to try to deal with it, but it didn't really help. But, after my surgery, my attitude was much, much, much better!!

I had to apologize for being snappy with my mom especially. She understood. She was a bit edgy too. But, after talking to her, she was just really scared for me. She hated to see her only daughter going through this.

From others that have posted on here, it seems that DH's and SO's don't totally understand, they are scared and they don't know how to handle these kinds of things very well. I don't have any answers on how to deal with that....I'm sure someone will come along that will know.

I just wanted you to know that you are not alone and what you are going through is perfectly normal.

Take care of yourself and hang in there. It does get better.

Marianne
Unread 10-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Am I just crazy or what?

Tell him just how you told us, Honey I love you but I need some space. Keep balance in mind. Time and space for you and time with them. You can't be any good to them if you don't take care of you.

I know this has been hard for me, it is still hard for me. I know my moodiness has nothing to do with my children or my friends. It has to do with me and I can't take it out on them although I do inadvertantly sometimes and then I have to apologize as soon as I realize I've been snappy. For now think when agitated, is this real or is this something I am going to have to apologize for later? LOL Gosh I hate that! Cuz sometimes I can't tell. Thank God for forgiveness!

Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2004, 10:49 PM
Am I just crazy or what?

You sound perfectly normal to me! I had to tell hubby to give me SPACE too. I needed an incredible amount of emotional/psychic energy to deal with getting read for this huge change, plus the fear and uncertainty of the waiting time......It was really, really hard. I take meds for depression and anxiety, and the docs helped me tweak them a bit, which helped a little but nothing spectacular. It's a tough thing to endure.

Soon you'll be on the other side and well on the road to recovery. Seems like forever till then though eh?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register