Tomorrow is the day | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow is the day Tomorrow is the day

Unread 06-25-2003, 06:31 AM
Tomorrow is the day

Well,it is coming quickly. I told my dh this morning that I am chickening out. I feel verrrry anxious. I have opted for the spinal. I hope that I am doing the right thing. The phone never quit ringing yesterday for support and the church will begin bringing meals tomorrow for my family. It is making it all a reality. I am such a BIG baby!!! I went swimming and shopping yesterday. Felt good. today i am staying home (unless I go crazy and just have to get away) and get my house all cleaned and all my laundry done ect...... I am not even packed! The nurse at pre-op said that I only have to pack my robe and slippers and maybe some magazines to read. Do I need anything else?? I am having a TVH. I feel really sick to my stomach from nerves. They also said that the doctor did not order any thing to clean my bowles out, is that normal? should I eat really light today? I feel like I should go out for my "last meal" lol. Pray for me and thank you for the support of this group. I will probably be on this computer most of day instead of cleaning my house!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2003, 06:47 AM
Huggs and prayers here for you

I really can't offer "been there" advice, but I can certainly say I'm in that boat with you. My surgery isn't until Aug and there are times I feel like I'm going to worry myself to death.

There is a lot of encourgment on this board from people who have made it to the other side and they say that this waiting is the hardest part.

I wish you the best tomorrow and I hope knowing that a "sister" in Ohio is out here praying for you gives you some comfort.

I too am doing my surgery with an epidural; I think you are having a spinal? I would like to know how your experience went, so I'll be watching for your post-op post.

Best wishes! ((((((HUGGSSSS))))
Susie
Unread 06-25-2003, 08:41 AM
Tomorrow is the day

I had the LAVH 3/28/03 after putting it off for every reason under the sun for years! After all the pain I put up with for years--it really wasn't so bad. I am so pleased with the results and to be rid of the problems!

This is your time! Go buy a bunch of magazines. I didn't need most of the stuff I brought to the hospital--just my toiletries--toothbrush, etc.

Good luck!
Mary W

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register