2 weeks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-13-2006, 04:12 AM
2 weeks

Hello!

I woke up this morning and I thought Wow! Been 14 days today. 2 weeks!

So how are you doing my fellow 2 weekers?

I'm doing fine. Anti inflammatories ran out yesterday morning. I would top them up with Paracetamols (it's like Tylenol) but since the 10th day have taken them only in the morning and before bed. Haven't taken any today. No need to.

Diabetes is giving me a break too. Ain't this great??! I was told to expect sugar levels to go through the roof. They are low. Wonderful!

I will tell you what is bothering me though...

'The Wall', as I call it. I'll shower, do my hair, makeup, tidy up the bathroom, I'm happy, everything's fine and BOOM! I hit a wall. Exhausted. Must lie down and snooze straight away. I don't feel tired all the time (like I was told I'd be), tiredness comes suddenly. Unexpectedly. Anyone experienced this?

Another thing that bothers me : My right ear is blocked, has been since the day following TAH. I could just scream! Did everything, and been putting ear drops to unblock it but to no avail. I feel like doing a Van Gogh : rip it out ACK!!! I'm less congested and my cough is dying down. The day my ear unblocks I'll get the champers and fireworks. If anyone has a suggestion for my ear, please feel free to comment.

Itching : I think the nurses put itching powder on my incision just before I left the hospital...

And had the surprise of my life today, almost fainted, no kidding : can fit in one pair of trousers!!! If you only knew (and saw!) how totally HUGE my belly was following the TAH... Pregnant and ready to pop!! Well it's going down and fast.

A bit bored now...

Looking forward to read from you guys. Tell me how you feel, how it's going for you, etc!!!

Thanks!

The very best to you,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2006, 06:31 AM
2 weeks

18 days post op today for me! I TOTALLY understand about showering, getting dressed, and the need for a nap. It happens to me daily. I too, am not tired all of the time as I was expecting, but when it hits, IT HITS! On Sunday, DH took my to the grocery store, and I did nothing but walk, came home, and cooked a light meal, and yesterday I was totally wiped out. I hardly left the bed. I feel better today, and am going to get a hair cut. I was a bit depressed yesterday, but DH and my mother keep telling me, I have had major surgery. Sometimes I just get frustrated that I "cant do anything".

I have only taken Ibuprophen since I left the castle. I only took it at bedtime last night! There are aches and pains that come and go, but nothing that pain meds are needed for.

Also, I had no spotting for two days, and this morning after a BM, I had more spotting that I had for the past two weeks combined!
Unread 06-13-2006, 07:28 AM
2 weeks

Day 16 post op for me! I also found I was exhausted after my shower in the morning. I've started showering in the evening now and find it much easier to fall asleep now and I have more energy the next day.
Just taking ibuprofen once a day now. My spotting has completely stopped but I still have to wear a pad since I still have some bladder issues. Since I started wearing my panties with spandex, my swelly belly is almost gone and the extra support feels great!
I am INCREDIBLY bored! It's hard for me to even leave the house since we live at the top of a hill and it's about 20 steps down to the driveway. I find going down steps hurts but going up is not too bad. I don't feel comfortably doing it on my own, so I only go out when dh is home to help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2006, 08:18 AM
2 weeks

Hey! Three weeks tomorrow for me. The past few days have been rough for some reason - emotioally, being tired, etc. . . .
I am getting ready to get a shower and head out for lunch with DH. I think getting out of the house will help with both the "down in the dumps" and the boredom! He goes back to work tomorrow, so I will start taking care of everything again. Thank goodness the kids only have three more days of school and then it is finall summer break!
Hope everyone is feeling better and not so bored. ~Donna
Unread 06-13-2006, 08:38 AM
2 weeks

HI,
Had a TAH,kept ovaries,bladder suspension.
2 wks for me also. I'm gonna take rinners advice and start showering in the evenings, I'll see if that helps with the "wall".
Echo I have the same ear thing going on. Hope someone posts a cure for it 'cause it's driving me nuts too.
Had my sister come stay last week to help.Now by myself durning the days.Feeling bored also.Not enough strengh to go out but too much to sit on the couch. What a quandry!
Gonna try to just take it easy and enjoy the day.
So glad I found this site
Unread 06-13-2006, 09:01 AM
2 weeks

14 days for me also. I feel great. Yesterday my sis-in-law and I made bread most of the day. I figured it would wipe me out but I'm doing really good. Today my friend is taking me on a trip. It's a 2 1/2 hour car ride there and then back. We are going out to eat with a friend and then shopping and then watch her grandson play baseball. It will probably be a LONG day. But I'm looking forward to getting out of the house. My guys have started slacking on helping around the house. I got up this morning and and to do the dishes and laundry. I love guys. I have 3 of them and no one can do anything without being told. they have been great they do make sure I dont' lift or do too much....
Unread 06-13-2006, 10:19 AM
2 weeks

Hi, I'm almost 3 wks. After getting my infection under control I started to feel great. no more pain just twinges. I am back driving...yea!!! Just still get really tired easy.. Best of luck to all!! reba
Unread 06-13-2006, 10:23 AM
2 weeks

Wow I feel like the developmentally challenged kid in the class. I actually poo'd my pants this morning while standing up making coffee...just a little bit. Talk about feeling like I'm 80 years old. I thought it was gas, but obviously I was mistaken. I still have swelly belly. I think sleeping in my bed & on my side makes it continue, but I can't really sleep any other way. I'm completely exhausted from nothing in particular. I've only been out once since the surgery. I still have to take at least one painkiller per day. I've GOT to venture out today to go to the store. They said I could drive 2 weeks from discharge, which would be Thursday. But people that offered their help keep blowing me off. My mom waits until 10:30 at night to check on me & see if I need anything about every 3rd day, knowing I won't ask her to do anything that late. The store is less than a mile away & I can take residential streets to get there. The only thing I'm scared of is trying to get in & out of my Grand Am, very low to the ground & parked on a steep uphill driveway. Wish me luck. (Maybe I'll get some Depends at the store, lol.)
Unread 06-13-2006, 10:30 AM
2 weeks

I will be two weeks tomorrow, in which is my first post op appt. I feel pretty good. I have been driving for a week, and feel pretty good. I get tired a little easier, however i have been going to the Mall and walking nightly. I still get those pings of pains in my rt leg, however nothing major. I still get nauseated too a bit, but that is after I eat. I believe tomorrow will be the day I get my reports and know more of what happened to me. Looking forward to some good news.
Sorry to hear 'itstime' is having a harder time, things will get better for you too! I think the bounce back time depends on what all we have done, what problems we had, etc. To all the two week hystersisters... cheers...
Unread 06-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Feeling Incredible!!!

Who could ask for anything more??? This is the first time in 8 years when I haven't had to worry about the constant nagging obnoxious pain I had. I'm actually 2 weeks this Friday, and have never felt better in my life. From the time I started having my period I was taking 600-800mg of Iburprofen every 4-6 hours while AF was in town. Now I just use 200mg every 6-10 hours for the post op pain. I was actually outside having family time last night playing volleyball and badmitton!!! (Of course I stood in one spot waiting for the ball to come to me so I didn't move too fast)

I'm recovering alot faster than I anticipated. (But I can't let my family know that!!! It's been nice "conducting" house work form the couch!!!) I keep wearing my PJ bottoms, just to continue to remind the family that I have had major surgery...even though I can fit back into my jeans.

I must say the 2nd best decision I have ever made in my entire life!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register