3.5 weeks and thought I was OK, but...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3.5 weeks and thought I was OK, but...... 3.5 weeks and thought I was OK, but......

Unread 11-15-2006, 09:44 AM
3.5 weeks and thought I was OK, but......

Hi Sisters!
I wanted to ask a question. Has anyone felt like someone was kicking them from the inside out???? I am talking like hard enough that it makes you jump? Yesterday I was feeling pretty good, (still on pain meds) and started working from home since doc has not released me back to work yet. I worked for about 7 hours in a cushy chair- nothing bad, just paperwork. Last night about 7pm I started up with pain that was pretty intense. Not even my pain meds would work! I laid down and felt like someone was kicking a field goal where my uterus used to be! Needless to say I cried myself to sleep.....Boy, I hope one day soon this madness comes to a hault. Also, while I am on a role, I kept my overies to avoid emotional upset- huh! I cry for everything! Is this a common thing? I wish I could bring one of you home with me so we can sit together and share feelings and actually understand one and other! DH trys, but I really do not feel that men will ever understand a woman- they are wired differently......
Thank you all for your sharing and God Bless!
Sonia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2006, 10:10 AM

I am sorry you are having pains and hormonal swings. You are very early post-op still. It is not uncommon to experience what you are having.
I know sitting seems pretty safe, but actually sitting is hard on the the tummy, as it crunches everything together and puts pressure on sensitive , raw areas that are trying to heal. I know I Iounged for 6 weeks before going back to a sit down job, and then I still had a little soreness till about 8 weeks. It really is a good idea to not sit over 30min. , maybe less until your body heals more or take a whole lot of breaks and see how you do.

As far as the ovaries, they can go into shock from this surgery for weeks or months and sometimes longer. If you find you are having symptoms that you cannot manage then please see your dr , as he may be able to give you something until your own ovaries jump back and start functioning properly.

It takes time to heal so try to rest, do a little walking and hopefully some of these issues will work themselves out once you are healed and further out from your surgery.

Hang in there

s s
Unread 11-15-2006, 10:25 AM

I am having the same intense pain. I am three weeks post op and have really been trying to take it easy. I can't imagine working for 7hrs. Take this time and be a princess you're worth it. Take care of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2006, 10:25 AM

SuzyQ I am really curious: who told you that sitting for longer than 30 minutes is not good? It makes perfect sense to me (as so many shared tips on this site do...) but why is this info not made widely known? I have been a very good patient during my recovery: followed all the rules, etc. but I have had absolutely no guidance from my doc as to these sorts of things. I don't even go back for a post-op til I am 5 weeks out. If it weren't for this site I would have been totally in the dark.

Sorry Sonia- no hijack intended!
Unread 11-15-2006, 10:27 AM

Thank you,
That is very helpful and hopeful advise. I guess I thought sitting was pretty safe... but you are right, today I will walk around every 30 minutes. I didn't know that your overies went into shock, I thought they kept on as normal. So again thank you!!!!!!!!!! I do forget I am still early in recovery, you know how us "superwomen" try to do it all! Smile......
Hugs to you!
Sonia
Unread 11-15-2006, 10:30 AM

No high-jack feeling taken! That made me smile when I read that part!!! I love to hear everyones feelings, it helps me out so much!!
Blessings and Hugs to you!
Sonia
Unread 11-15-2006, 10:39 AM

I found out the hard way for my ownself, and from other sisters that have come before me and after, that sitting too long , (usually 30min. limit ) to be not very comfortable at all. When I was recovering post-op Princess, I must admit I sat too long at my computer browsing and making friends on this great site. My own dr never said anything about sitting, so it was a lesson I learned the hard way. The dr just say rest and take it easy, but I have learned lot's of tips from the experiences of ladies here on what helps during this recovery.

You can read lot's of helpful hints and articles in our Post-Op articles which is compiled from experiences drawn here. https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/articlelist_171.htm

Wishing all of you smooth recoveries.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register