Time line | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Time line

Ok -- so i know everyone heals at differant levels --

but has anyone received any type of time line as to what should be happening when and where

my plan is to sleep the next 6 weeks -- just like a bear hybernating and wake up feeling fresh and new

ok really I know that that is not possible -- but after working 2 jobs for the last 5 years -- the down time sounds really good -- I know that I have to take it easy -- for a goes and doer -- this will be the hardest part for me --

I asked the doctor is there were guideline as to what i might be experincing and can expect -- she did not have any thing..........

So thought maybe in this wonderful world fo Hysterhood -- someone may have created one -- or thier doctor gave them one.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Time line

There are excellent "checkpoints" at this site although I'm not sure if you can access them until you're post-op. Try to have a look, they're very helpful.
Unread 09-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Time line

I think it depends on what procedure you are having. It also depends on your health and any complications that my interfere.

I had a supracervical H (kept ovaries and cervix) and it was done abdominally. I'm progressing rather well and quickly (according to the doctor and nurses who discharged me less than 2 days after surgery...I was home before the 48 hours had passed!).

I walked the next day and keep walking. They want you to walk and move so lying in bed all day is probably not best for recovery. That said they DO want you to take is slow and easy and you will. I may walk, but it is slow but getting better with each day.

Doctor said I can drive when I feel ready and anticipates that by the end of the week. I feel that I could drive short distances but don't want to push it. It is only day 4 at this point.

I work at home and could do some work if I wanted to but will try to force myself to take it slow.

Exercise will probably be the longest because most said don't expect any exercise for 6 weeks. Darn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Been there, Done that!

I know the feeling! I've also been working 2 jobs, one for 20 years, and my part-time retail job for the last 5. I have reservations at the castle for next Monday the 17th. I've been told that I can probably return to my full-time job (sit down, computer work) in about 4 weeks, but my part-time will have to wait another couple weeks at least. I work retail, on my feet, with some heavy lifting on occassion. I have to say I'm nervous about the surgery, but very excited about the break, especially since I never seem to have time to just lay around and relax. I seem to always have other things to do, so I'm really looking forward to the break!!!
My husband is realizing that he can handle things around the house, my 3 "grown" children will be in for a quick visit, then, I'll have plenty of time to rest and recuperate.

Best wishes to you!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register