new here -- total hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new here -- total hysterectomy new here -- total hysterectomy

Unread 12-10-2007, 01:04 PM
new here -- total hysterectomy

hello, i'm new and set to have my surgery Dec. 28th. My sister sent me here and told me y'all were great. i'm freaked. so any encouragement is welcomed.

thanks in advance
char
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2007, 01:18 PM

Well, I would certainly like to encourage you! I wish you the best!

Would you like to tell a bit more about yourself and/or your situation? And, what exactly is it that has you freaked?

I have been doing a lot of reading around this site and am finding it very helpful. I hope you do, too.
Unread 12-10-2007, 01:24 PM

Welcome and good luck with your upcoming surgery. If you have any questions this is the place to ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2007, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglc
hello, i'm new and set to have my surgery Dec. 28th. My sister sent me here and told me y'all were great. i'm freaked. so any encouragement is welcomed.

thanks in advance
char
Char,
Welcome, it was so nice of your sister to send you here. This site is awesome. I found it (with Gods helping hand) in November. I just returned home from having a TAH on dec.5th. I spent so mucn time before and even now after my surgery.Thr ladies on here are wonderful. I was in such a panic before the surgery that I probably drove these "sisters" crazy. I am home now with minimal pain and doing well. I will remember you in my prayers and may God be with you during this trying time..Faith
Unread 12-10-2007, 02:17 PM
New Here

I am also a first time post. I have joined after being told by my doctor that I needed a hysterectomy. I went in after having a vaginal ultrasound expecting to be told I could have the NovaSure procedure. Instead I was told that I had 2 fibroids and would need a hysterectomy. I am so undecided as to whether or not to keep my ovaries. My GYN says they are very healthy and can keep them if I want to. I have read lots of the HysterSister stories. One part of me says to get rid of them and never have a worry about ovarian cancer, but then another part says to keep them and do the menopausal thing normally and naturally. I will have my surgery in January. I have been told I qualify for the laproscopic hysterectomy or the vaginal hysterectomy. I have so many questions that I can't put into words. It has helped to read the stories of fellow sisters that have been through it. I have talked to my primary DR and the GYN. Any other ideas?
Unread 12-10-2007, 02:18 PM

Char, welcome! this place is great, you will find everyone very helpful. I hope everything goes ok for you.

Deb
LSH 12/20/2007
Unread 12-10-2007, 02:29 PM

Hello Ladies,

To all of you who are new, welcome!! I joined this website last month prior to having my surgery. It was the best decision I ever made. The ladies here are very knowledgable, supportive and reassuring. Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you need to. I know I sure did.

I had LAVH/BSO on December 4th. I'm doing not too bad today. It's been almost a week now. I'm off pain meds and on to advil to help keep the pain in check.

The worst part is the waiting for your big day. Everyone told me this, and man were they ever right. It truly is the worst part. Recovery isn't a peach, but every day I feel a bit better and know that deep down I made the right decision.

Talk to the ladies on here for support and answers to your questions. You'll be glad that you did!

Good luck all of you who are still waiting....I wish you all the best!!
Unread 12-10-2007, 02:30 PM

Char,

Thissite is great !!! You will recieve so much help here. I found a lot o my questions were answered just by reading through the ariticles and posts, but when I did have a question the ladies were great!!! You will find so much support here.

Okietree,

You will find answers here to questions you probably didn't know you had. I felt better going into surgery being so informed. As for removing your ovaries, if they are healthy there is no reason to remove them. Surgical menopause it harder on your body.

Good Luck to both of you ladies in your up coming surgeries,
Unread 12-10-2007, 03:50 PM
expanding on "new here"

well, i'm 36, just had a new one in Aug and went for my return to work pap and thats when the doc found the cells. I have cervical cancer with dysplasia? I have to have a total hysterectomy. UGH.... I'm a RN at the same hospital I'll have my surgery. so my co-workers are really supportive. I just am freaked cuz I've never really felt pain before. I also have a bleeding disorder so we're working on that. well , that's it.
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:16 PM

Welcome cglc,

You have found an amazing place to question, cry, freak-out and eventually assist!! You will probably find someone who has not only been where you are now but a whole smack of us that are where you will be soon. I swear this site saved my life!!

Please don't be afraid of what's happening, we are here for you day and night. There are so many threads you can read through that may help with some of your concerns. Try and maintain a positive outlook and stay strong (even in your most panicked moments) we'll be there to hold your hand the rest of the way.

I had a total hyst almost 6 weeks ago and I can tell you I have never had a worse night than the one before I went in. I didn't think I'd make it through no matter how many of the amazing ladies on this site told me what I was doing was right, necessary and that I would feel a million times better once it was done. Oh... and that the waiting was the hardest part. Well, I'm guilty because I can now agree with them 100%. You have to do what is right for you and you will get through it.

Remember, day or night - there's someone here for you.

Big Hugs!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register