6 weeks post-op; depression, feeling of loss | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks post-op; depression, feeling of loss 6 weeks post-op; depression, feeling of loss

Unread 06-21-2013, 04:36 PM
6 weeks post-op; depression, feeling of loss

Hi Ladies!

I am 6 weeks post op and have been emotionally affected by surgery. I'm 34 years old and my husband & I were definitely finished having children; however, every few days, I have a really bad day - crying, feeling defeated, unmotivated, etc. Has anyone felt like this so long after the surgery? I am still having painful bowel movements as well...any input would be much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Re: 6 weeks post-op; depression, feeling of loss

Hi .and welcome! Im so sorry you are feeling this way! Did you keep your ovaries ? If you did they could be out of whack from surgery, six week really isnt that far post op . It can take up to a year for us to become 100% we all progress differently. I am 36 and was def done with children , and im 4 weeks out and have had 1 really big break down I was crying nonstop for 16 hours strait it was awful, dreams of wanting more children , things that would normaly have no effect on me might irratate me. you can call your doc if you need peace of mind . As far as bm's have you tryed stool softeners. Not laxitives my doc says to use miralax once a day yours might prefer you use something else , walking water fruit/juice, highfiber foods all will help with it.
I hope you feel better soon!
Best wishes an hugs
Unread 06-21-2013, 08:17 PM

Thank you so much Lizzietish76! I did keep my ovaries, because I didn't want HRT - I had the surgery because of a pulmonary embolism I suffered last July, then went on warfarin and off birth control pills = periods with blood loss of up to 1/2 gallon. Anyway, warfarin is bad stuff, and I didn't want any more chemicals in my body than necessary. I've also experienced hours of crying and being irritated by, say, my husband clicking his mouse while working at the computer. I do have a prescription for stool softeners, and may have to up the dose, as well as more roughage. Thank you again for the peace of mind, and I hope you are feeling better soon as well-isn't it great to know we aren't the only ones feeling this way?! Thanks for listening and replying, I truly appreciate it. Best wishes and hugs to you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2013, 10:33 PM

I am also only 34. My husband and I were done having children so i had my mirena removed and was going to have my tubes tied. The doctor told us that wasn't possible due to my history of severe endometriosis. I have had one break down, wondering if i made the right decision having the surgery. I had my uterus, cervix, and right tube removed by da Vinci robotic. I'm still having bathroom issues as well. I'm 1 week post op.
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:06 PM
6 weeks post-op; depression, feeling of loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesliemason11 View Post
Hi Ladies!

I am 6 weeks post op and have been emotionally affected by surgery. I'm 34 years old and my husband & I were definitely finished having children; however, every few days, I have a really bad day - crying, feeling defeated, unmotivated, etc. Has anyone felt like this so long after the surgery? I am still having painful bowel movements as well...any input would be much appreciated
I have been having a pity party myself. Only 3 weeks out I am 50 with a 30 year old daughter and never wanted anymore children so I can't understand why I am so depressed. The hip and back pain don't help. I guess I am not helping you either. Sorry

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register