Sex at 8 weeks post hysterectomy: Lack of desire | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex at 8 weeks post hysterectomy: Lack of desire Sex at 8 weeks post hysterectomy: Lack of desire

Unread 06-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Sex at 8 weeks post hysterectomy: Lack of desire

Hey ladies so this friday will be my 8 weeks after hysterectomy. I had LAVH kept my ovaries. I have no sexual desires but have to for the hubby sake i feel bad i dont feel like doing anything at all. Could i be having menopause symptoms? I mean i have given him oral but i dont get aroused doing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2016, 09:20 PM
Re: Sex at 8 weeks post opIt

Hi MrsTanya, I am very sorry you're experiencing no desire since your hysterectomy. Female sexuality is very complicated, and there are a number of possible reasons for this. It may be that your ovaries are in shock from your surgery, therefore not secreting your usual level of hormones. This happens to many of us and is usually temporary. I felt my ovaries wake up at about 6 weeks post op. It may be that you don't feel emotionally ready. Have you discussed how you're feeling with your husband? Communication is so important when it comes to sex. Below are some articles that may help.

Intimacy: Being Emotionally Ready

No Sex Drive Post Hysterectomy

Ovarian Blood Supply

Please make an appointment with your doctor to discuss your lack of desire. Perhaps hormone testing would be appropriate for you. I hope you find the answer.

Unread 06-08-2016, 04:22 AM
Sex at 8 weeks post hysterectomy: Lack of desire

I haven't said anything to the hubby yet. I will give myself until we have sex and if im still having no desire i will talk to him. Thank you so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Re: Sex at 8 weeks post hysterectomy: Lack of desire

My personal experience was that it took a long time to get back to normal in the bedroom... around 8 months or so. My husband and I were out of sync for a long time and we both had our own concerns about how it would feel, if he would hurt me, etc. Whenever I wanted to try, he wasn't in the mood and vice versa. Communication does help. It's hard to say if it's your fears getting to you, or if there's a physical reason for it, or both. When you do give it a go, give yourself lots of time, lots of foreplay, and use lube even if you feel you don't need it. If you can do a romantic getaway, hot tub, etc that can help too. Sending hugs that things improve for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register