Help! 9 months later | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help! 9 months later Help! 9 months later

Unread 04-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Help! 9 months later

I went to my primary care doctor this afternoon for what I thought might be a kidney stone. They sent me to the ER so I could have a CT Scan and bloodwork. After 6 hours the ER doc comes in and tells me that I more than likley have endo again. He told me I need to have a f/u appt. with the doctor who did my surgery. Oh yeah and to top it off I have FOUR cysts on the one ovary I have left. Does anyone have any insight, or has been here before, I know 80% of endo patients that have a hysterectomy never have a recurrance. Why me?? I know thid turned into a whiny vent, I guess I need it.
Heather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2005, 01:07 AM
Help! 9 months later

I am so sorry to hear what has happened to you. I really think that is awful as I have had cysts on my ovaries and I thought having a hysterectomy I would not get them any more but now I know different. Please keep me informed. The things us woman go though. Really hope you get it sorted out as I know they can be very painful. Sorry I have not got a answer for you. Good luck and keep your chin up.

LOVE DAWNIE UKXX
Unread 04-23-2005, 03:42 AM
Help! 9 months later

Hi Heather;

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.

I don't have any experience with endo but wanted to ask if you have been to the endo/adeno stories of triumph over pain?

You can reach that forum by Clicking here

This is a read only thread but I thought maybe it may help you.

I'm sure you will get a lot of wonderful advice from the very special ladies here as well!

I will keep you in my prayers and I hope you feel better soon!

Sybie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2005, 05:51 PM
Help! 9 months later

Hi Heather

I am so sorry you might be facing the possibility that your endo is not gone

I had my hysterectomy for endo and my truely goes out to you for having to deal with this again. Here is a article I found that may be helpful. Endo after a hysterectomy

It states in the article that ALL the endo has to be removed in order for a successful outcome. If even one speck remains then it can continue to grow and spread and cause problems again.

I was wondering if you have discussed with your doctor using progesterone to help keep the endo at bay. Since you have one remaining ovary, you are still producing estrogen. The estrogen can feed the endo and cause further problems. Progesterone is used to counteract the negative effects that estrogen has on endo. My current doctor believes in prescribing progesterone to women who have had endo so I use it with my estrogen.
Here are some articles about progesterones benefits on endo.

http://www.allnaturalalternatives.co...terone_faq.htm

http://www.cemcor.ubc.ca/ask/qa_endometriosis.shtml

I hope these help.

Unread 04-23-2005, 08:24 PM
Help! 9 months later

I sure hope that your endo hasn't come back and that you can find some relief soon!

I will be having a TAH/BSO in about a week for endo. My doctor said that the best way to ensure the endo doesn't come back is to remove all he can see AND to remove both ovaries. He said that his experience has been that people who leave one or both ovaries later have to have them removed due to either the ovary dying or endo reoccuring due to the ovaries still producing estrogen. This is why I hope that the surgery will work for me.

I hope that if they find your endo has come back that you can have a relatively easy and quick fix that can be more permanent for you. Please keep us posted on how you're doing!
Unread 04-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Help! 9 months later

Thank you so much for the kind words and support. I go back to my dr one week from today so we will se what the paln is then. Right now I am in more pain then before my surgery and I want to cry!
Unread 04-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Help! 9 months later

Hi Prettyprincess

Im really sorry you feel so bad right now. Be thinking of you. Hope your doctor can sort things out..

DAWNIE UK XX

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register