"HELP" Less Food = MORE WEIGHT | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"HELP" Less Food = MORE WEIGHT "HELP" Less Food = MORE WEIGHT

Unread 08-08-2008, 11:16 AM
"HELP" Less Food = MORE WEIGHT

HI!
Just a little more than frustrated here. Since my TLH on 7/30/08 my appetite has done a 360. I always had trouble eating because of several abdominal and intestinal issues but now I barely eat and my taste for foods has completely changed. I no longer crave or want anything I ate before my surgery. The thing is I eat even less now and I seem to be gaining and gaining. I lost a few pounds before the surgery, but now I see the pounds packing onto my hips and rump. My sister is getting married on 9/27 and I barely fit into my bridesmaid dress before surgery and I am afraid I will not fit at all. Does anyone have any ideas for light exercise or any other suggestions that I may find helpful? I don't want to pack on any more, but I need to lose.
"NO more WEIGHT"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2008, 11:47 AM

(((Luv)))

Try and stay calm. You are not that far out yet and the weight is likely due to the swelly belly/fluid retention, as well as lack of activity. Just take care of you right now.

Definitely look into getting some Spanx for your sister's wedding. You have to stay healthy no matter what. If you don't eat enough or start trying to workout so soon, you will set yourself back.

I know it is frustrating sweety.

Hugs
Jess
XOXOX
Unread 08-08-2008, 11:56 AM

You are still early in post-op and are going to experience after surgery swelling in alot of different strange areas. You still have time to relax and let the swelling go down. They put us in wierd postions during surgery that causes alot of other places to swell. As far as trying to do even light exercises to see if that works, I don't have any suggestions hopefully someone else has some ideas for you. But remember you have alot of internal healing going on right now and you don't want to put yourself back with the healing and possibly have complications down the road. Hopefully it is just swelling and it will reside as you get closer to your sisters wedding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Gaing Weight Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnascar29
HI!
Just a little more than frustrated here. Since my TLH on 7/30/08 my appetite has done a 360. I always had trouble eating because of several abdominal and intestinal issues but now I barely eat and my taste for foods has completely changed. I no longer crave or want anything I ate before my surgery. The thing is I eat even less now and I seem to be gaining and gaining. I lost a few pounds before the surgery, but now I see the pounds packing onto my hips and rump. My sister is getting married on 9/27 and I barely fit into my bridesmaid dress before surgery and I am afraid I will not fit at all. Does anyone have any ideas for light exercise or any other suggestions that I may find helpful? I don't want to pack on any more, but I need to lose.
"NO more WEIGHT"
Since my surgery I have gain about 35 pounds and have
just lost 20 and have 15 more to go. My thyriod doctor
told me to lose the weight do to my thyriod level
has change.
Unread 08-08-2008, 12:32 PM

I wish I had some suggestions for you but I just don't . I too want to exercise but I can't yet. Hang in there. Most likely it is just swelly belly.
Just take care of yourself during your healing and deal with the rest later. That's what I tell myself. I'm with Jess on this one, there are garments you can get to help you for the wedding.
Unread 08-08-2008, 01:30 PM

luvnascar29,
If the body gets less food than usual it thinks it is being starved and hangs on to calories. I know this sounds silly, but to loose weight and rev up the metabolisim you need to eat as well as exercise. I lost 40 lbs before surgery have maintained during my 6 weeks post- op. To stimulate my metabalism and keep from binge eating I eat 3 small meals a day and 3 snacks. Having said that I carefully choose what I eat. I stick to lean proteins (turkey, light cheeses, fish), smart carbohydrates (fruits and vegies) and low fat choices (yougurt, egg beaters, low fat popcorn). I also make sure I eat healthy fats (nuts, olive oil). If I want to loose weight I eat only 1200 calories. I DON'T GO LONGER THAN A WEEK or my body goes into starvation mode and holds onto calories. After a week I try to maintain at 1400-1600 calories to continue loosing.

I also make sure I exercise every day. You can walk now. Walking is great for loosing weight. I know how frustrating it is to try to loose or even maintain weight. You may just have to be resolved to the fact that your body is healing and may not let go of calories at this time. Best of luck! Wishing you acceptance of yourself at any weight!
Unread 08-08-2008, 02:47 PM

The only thing I know that you can do and it my help is sto take a walk. My dr says walking is good. Nothing else. I know how you feel. It is frustrating. Remember it is more it important to heal properly.

Sending you BIG HUGS.

Tophatt10

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register