Help someone ~ please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help someone ~ please Help someone ~ please

Unread 02-18-2008, 02:06 PM
going nuts

i cant stand just sitting and im walking myself to death someone help me with this healing thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Help someone ~ please

bbuchanan358

I'm so sorry you're struggling with this at the moment.

I think all of us can relate to how difficult it is to rest for 6 weeks ~ it seems to be forever! But the vital and initial healing takes place in that first 6 weeks and lots of rest, during that time, is really a small price to pay for, hopefully, a smooth recovery.

I hope some more ladies will be along soon to share. Take care!

Unread 02-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Help someone ~ please

I know how you feel. I am going crazy with cabin fever. I would love to go outside for a walk but the driveway is too slippery with ice so I can't even get to the street. I walk back and forth throughout my house to make sure that I am getting some exercise. I got out of the house this past weekend to do some groceries (DH pushed the cart) and I was very excited to get some fresh air even if only for a few minutes.

As much as I hate to admit it, we just had MAJOR surgery (I'm only just coming to terms with that because I only have three tiny incisions on my belly so it doesn't seem so major) and we need to take this time to heal.

Now is a great time to sort through all those photos you've been meaning to file (or scrapbook), read that romantic novel, watch some good DVD's, write/e-mail loved ones, learn a new hobby like beading or crocheting. Take advantage of this quiet time because once you get back to your hectic life, you'll wish you had pampered yourself more.

Good luck to you and now I'll go and try to take some of my own advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Help someone ~ please

hugs, hang in there...it does get better...don't let the boredom get to you. I played games online, redesigned my whole apartment on paper, watched a TON of tv, planned meals for the next millenium! It was hard, but it does get better...
Unread 02-19-2008, 11:20 AM
Help someone ~ please

has your dr released you to drive? even getting out and driving a little bit each day would help. if you cant drive, see if you can get a friend to take you out for a bit.
Unread 02-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Help someone ~ please

I can totally relate to the way your feeling. I'm here all alone every day and am so lonely. I call everyone I can during the day but most of my friends and family work during the day. I have walked around the house and am seeing how my house is starting to pile up. It's all dust and cobwebs here. I have started doing some light housework but not too much. I've learned if I overdo I may not feel it at the time but will feel it later in the day. Yesterday was a very good day for me it was my first day without needing any tylenol.
I am fortunate enough to be able to walk down and see all my animals and give them treats. And checking my mailbox is the highlight of my day
There is so much on this website and on others to be able to read. Or if you like gameshows do a search on line for some online games. I've done a few and have enjoyed them.
Good luck and I'll be praying you a continued speedy recovery
Katrina
Unread 02-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Help someone ~ please

Well, my hat's off to you.... if your date is correct, you're all of five days post-op. At that point, I could barely walk to the kitchen to get a drink of water, much less be bored!

You know the rigorous Hyster Sisters training -- drink your water, take your meds, plenty of -- but there's another component. Walking. My doctor told me to be up and moving at least 10 minutes per hour when I was awake! Check with your to see if you can do more if you feel up to it.

Of course, right now, you're limited in what you can do. Don't even THINK of doing anything beyond looking at the , and no laundry, dishes, picking up, or even cooking (unless all "cooking" entails is calling for delivery or hitting "start" on the microwave).

Your #1 job right now is to heal. But there's more you can do while sitting than just watching TV and movies (which drives me nuts after a while too). Take this opportunity to read novels, poetry, history books, or your old high school yearbooks. Organize your recipes, or your family photos. Shop online for hours on end. If you knit or crochet, start some projects. If you like to garden, browse the seed catalogs and websites and plan out where everything will be this year.

I wish you continued good healing. Hope this helps.
Unread 02-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Help someone ~ please

I TOO can relate.
and on top of things, I'm also an amputee which makes any kind of movement an additional challenge :*( add to that being a single mom, no close friends, no one to call and talk to on the phone.... and to top it off, my laptop is slowly dying because of a virus, i suspect and i haven't the $ to get it fixed :*(

P.B. we have something in common besides our surgery dates, i too have 3 'holes' as well as 2 additional ones that are on my lower glutes because i had to be ALL sewn back together. I also have deadly ICE/snow/slush making ANY kind of walking outdoors trecherous so, i walk around my house.
Unread 02-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Help someone ~ please

When I said I re-designed my whole apartment on paper...I graphed it out, colored it by 'fung shea' (sp) for my 'zones' then I went with colors I like, then I even figured out the 'optimum' house plant positions for the winter sunlight and marked it so when my guy came home he could move everything by 4-6 inches. (drove him nuts!) Then I made the mistake of watching a show on stained glass...so out came the graph paper again, and you can draw up different things to represent the 'zones' in the house...It was nuts...so when i finally have time to paint and do curtains for the apartment, I have an ENTIRE notebook of ideas and diagrams (most are even to scale)

I read a bunch of books...I would recommend staying away from the history channel on tv, I had to send my guy to the library to get every book they had on viking ship building one week, I think the next week I sent him to sieg engines of war, dating from medival times to the romans

OK, so I went a little nuts...but after I went back to work for the first few weeks, I would do almost ANYTHING to have that time for myself and heal back.

PS. The cobwebs and dustbunnies are your friends and they can hang out a few more weeks. Dont over do it
Unread 02-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Help someone ~ please

Take it easy, enjoy yourself, believe me work comes back soon enough. I took the entire 6 weeks off and it was the fastest 6 weeks of my life! I read a lot, visited with family and took naps every afternoon. I had really bad insomia, DON'T GET HOOKED ON QVC!!! LOL!!!

It take a while for your body to heal, I'm 6 months out this week and there are days when I know I'm still recovering. Everyone's body heals at its own pace. I am normally a fast healer, so if I still have days, my doctor tells me that is perfectly normal.

If you are absolutely going NUTS, call your doctor, he might can help you along.

Good luck!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register