LAVH I dont seem to be having the same pain as most? is this normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I dont seem to be having the same pain as most? is this normal? I dont seem to be having the same pain as most? is this normal?

Unread 05-06-2013, 04:48 AM
I dont seem to be having the same pain as most? is this normal?

Hi Sisters - this is not a complaint but a concern
My op was on the 24th April
I had an LAVH
good things
I stopped taking my painkillers on 3rd May except for odd occassions when cocodamol and diclofenic are suffice
I have light period cramps

Perhaps I shouldn't
With all of the above I feel that I can do more than what is recommended - cooking, loading and unloading the washing machine and walking
am i doing too much ?
Why am I not feeling the same pain (NOT COMPLAINING) is something wrong? Has anyone else experienced this sort of recovery?

Not so good
I do have a light mustard coloured watery discharge - no odour - is this normal - what do you think it could be - should I contact the doc?

Normal
I am weepy and expremely tired
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2013, 05:41 AM
Re: I dont seem to be having the same pain as most? is this normal?

I have been wondering the same things with my own recovery. My DaVinci surgery was April 18th. I stopped taking the percocet just a few days after the surgery as the Tramadol I take for something else seems to work. I take half a percocet before bed but that is it. The only pains I have had were the gas pains in the days following surgery (they were very, very painful!), pain after I empty my bladder and around one of my incisions (which still doesn't look very good 2 1/2 weeks post op). I have had no discharge at all. Nada. Nothing. My biggest problem is complete exhaustion. My boyfriend only has to look at me to know I am crashing, even if I appeared okay just minutes beforehand. It comes on like a Mack truck and I am wiped out.

But I think we cannot be "fooled" by what appears to be an easy recovery. I have read too many posts of ladies who started to have complications around week 3 and 4 when there was little indication beforehand of any trouble. This is why I plan on taking it easy for a couple more weeks. I was supposed to have only 2 weeks off work for this but the exhaustion caused my doctor to give me one more full week and then a week of half days. I plan on not overdoing it in order to avoid complications and pain and swelling.
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:50 AM

Thanks Monica -
It has been quite a surreal experience - The first week or so I felt the tireness hit me as your described but not so much now - a bit weepy at the most unusual things but hey ** we are women and its our perogitive LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2013, 08:50 AM

Make sure you take it easy as much as you can. I had the DaVinci and I also stopped taking pain meds after day 3 except before bed since I had pain in my left side incisions, especially turning at night.

By the 2nd week I was feeling great!!! Staples came out after week 1 and I was moving more normally. I did overdo it a couple of times and I would feel it as either getting very tired, being very sore in the belly, or for a while a pain under the belly incision that felt like a tearing and pulling feeling. I've had no bleeding since day 3.

I would just listen to my body. If I was tired, I would rest. My fist day doing dishes (just unloading and loading the dishwasher) took over 2 hours. I would do what I could, then sit in the recliner. I would get up and continue where I left off. Each person heals differently, but your recovery sounds very normal!!! Don't worry about others having issues. I would sometimes feel bad about having things much easier than others, but I am greatful for my recovery being a little easier than others. It's not perfect, I am not out starting my jogging regiment yet, but I am walking and found I have much more flexibility in the abdomen than I did even 2 weeks ago.

Glad to hear things are going well!!
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:52 AM

Also, the weepy and emotional is completely normal. Your blood supply to your ovaries may be diminished and you may experience some menopausal symptoms temporarily. I've had some minor hot flashes and have been over emotional about the weirdest things, but this too shall pass!!! At least until I hit my natural menopause!! Think of it as practice!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register