She took a chunk out of me! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

She took a chunk out of me! She took a chunk out of me!

Unread 01-04-2007, 11:48 AM
She took a chunk out of me!

Well it felt like a chunk. I thought it was a pap smear....apparently she helped herself to my uterus. I think her eyes were bigger then her stomach!! My huband was there and said wow she took a lot and it was red. Well I had pains right in that area for over a month and of course bleeding for quit a few days. You would think from that she would be able to tell alot????

She never got back to me. Thats your first clue what kind of doctor she is. Wanted to give me a hyster before she even got the results! I heard nothing but bad stuff about her and I thought if she can give me that much pain from a little proceeder. And I heard she is very rough... then she has to go. I found a better doctor am seeing him on the 17 of January he is suppose to be gentle and good.
I have complained about my back pain to all of you....sorry.......but really it was unbearable for months. I don't know why, it felt inflammed. I just didn't know what to do. Now it comes and goes.
I was just wondering what kind of symptoms can you have from the pressure of a large uterus pushing on other organs? Could those other organs be adrenal glands for example? I am very aware of the KIDNEYS!!!

Anything I should be ready to say to this doctor...I have an idea he going to try shrink the fibroids and then want to do a hyster too. Thats my guess just from reading the forms.....

Best of Health to all in 2007
Oceanmist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2007, 07:06 PM

Hi Oceanmist,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience at the doctor. Sounds like you had an endometrial biopsy done. If she hasn't gotten back to you with the results you might want to call for them so you can give that valuable info to your new doctor.

As far as adrenal glands being painful ...although the adrenal glands do sit atop the kidneys, I would think most patients would probably complain of problems with their endocrine system (if something was wrong in that area) before they'd complain of pain. Something to put on the list to ask your doc tho.

A fibroid uterus could cause back discomfort, but maybe you should also consider seeing an orthopedic doc and/or a urologist to see if they can find anything else that might be contributing to your back pain as well. Whatever it is, I hope you find the cause and the correct solution. Good luck with your new Dr. too.

s,
Beth
Unread 01-04-2007, 07:18 PM

Yep, it sounds like an endometrial biopsy. Mine was horrible. I cramped for a few hours afterwards and spotted for a day. I think this procedure hurts no matter who is performing it. I do think it is important to have a doctor you are comfortable with. It is very common to get several opinions before deciding on a hysterectomy or deciding who to do the hysterectomy. I met with 3 different doctors. I decided on the third, not neccessarily on his bedside manner, but due to his experience with laparscopy. We all make our own decisions, good luck with yours.

Sherri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2007, 09:29 PM

Hey Beth! Hey Sherri!

Yep...I was hoping someone would mention the fact that pressure on the adrenal glands would cause endo problems which I have been having for a very long time. That would explain a lot of my symptoms. I haven't read any post mentioning that here.
I'm thinking if thats what it was was a biopsy. She should of told me or at least warned me of the pain and cramping and bleeding. I'm glad she didn't call me back then! No news is good news! Right! Even hubby said man she was rough!!!! His eyes were bigger then her's hahaha

Seriously I'm so scared I don't want to do this.....and I just know what is in store for me............. I'm on my 7th day of peroids and dizzy, it comes and goes. I'm very tired too. If getting rid of the uterus is going to get rid of all my problems. I'll do it! But thats the problem there are no guarantee's.....and I need guarantee's.
God help you all if I have to do this.....your going to be very tired of me......
Hugs Oceanmist
Unread 01-05-2007, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Yep...I was hoping someone would mention the fact that pressure on the adrenal glands would cause endo problems which I have been having for a very long time. That would explain a lot of my symptoms.
I think we might be talking about two different things here, so just wanted to clarify... If it was an endometrial biopsy she did with your pap, that is a sample of the inner lining of your uterus, the "endometrium" to check for abnormal cell growth, including cancer. Mine was like a pap with a pinch, so that's why it sounded to me like what you had. These biopsies are commonly done as part of a work-up for menstrual problems or when diagnostic tests show the lining to be thick. < that's why mine was done; not suspecting cancer... just checking to be on the safe side.

The condition called "endometriosis" is where tissue similar to the uterine lining ends up outside the uterus in the pelvic cavity. Altho endometriosis can be found in areas distant to the pelvis, it is very rare to find it outside the peritoneum. The kidneys are retroperitoneal ("retro-pair-it-toe-neal") which means they lie behind the peritoneum, the lining of the abdominal cavity, so endo there is uncommon.

There are several good links about Endometriosis (and Adenomyosis) in our resource section. I hope these help.
More s,
Beth
Unread 01-05-2007, 12:22 PM

Thanks Beth for the info! I have had that done before and its just a little pinch..........this was different. I was yelping. I think she was to rough and took way to much. I had sharp pain in the same spot over a month later. I've had my pap test for years..........never had this happen before. I have known for years that I have endometriosis. At least thats what the doctors said. NO tests done.

I have been urinating a LOT due to pressure of the large uterus and fibroids. So that's why I was wondering with the pressure of it pressing, is it possible to interfer with the adrenal gland which is just above the kidneys. apparently the pressure is causing a lot of problems with my kidneys. I am very small, no room for 3 large fibroids. My family doctor said that the uterus is 8cm wide.......ok I have a 7 cm fibroid, and two 4 cm fibroids..... That would explain the pain I'm having in my back....I think. I weigh a 100 lbs.

Thanks Oceanmist

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register