TAH/BSO/Tummy Tuck | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH/BSO/Tummy Tuck TAH/BSO/Tummy Tuck

Unread 03-23-2007, 01:20 AM
TAH/BSO/Tummy Tuck

Hello everyone! I am set up to go in for my TAH/BSO on April 16th and have decided to do a tummy tuck while I am under. I had a fibroid removed in 04' ,a c-section in 04' and again in 06'. All of the surgeries have created a skin sag that I am tired of tucking in my jeans. Anyone done this? What is the recovery time? I keep reading people that took 6 weeks and more to get up and going....! I have 2 kids under 3 and this is not an option. My husband is VERY supportive, but I am very concerned about how long I will be down. Now i know I am not going to feel like swinging the kids around or going on hour long trips to the grocery store but I will be able to get out after the first week or so right???? Please tell me it is not going to be that bad. After the fibroid remval I could not stand up straight for over a month. I have never been in so much pain. I am getting conflicting stories though, a woman in my Aux. said she went and played bunco the next night. I am pretty sure that she is full of poop but I am kinda freaking out here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2007, 02:54 AM
TAH/BSO/Tummy Tuck

Hello, I did it 4 weeks ago, and am just starting to have days with no meds, hehe. But most of the time it was because my 2 year old would grab my stomach/or hit it. You will have a drain left in for a week, that's pretty standard, if not 2, and you need to wear the abdominal binder for at least 2-3 weeks, I just started NOT wearing mine. With 2 kids under 3, you need to remember NOT TO LIFT!!!! I was not able to lift mine (who's a sturdy 26 lb) until at least the second week, but I'm actually still not supposed to be doing it! But you know how they love to be in mama's arms My husband was/is very supportive as well, which you need, as he's gonna be the one to mainly take care of the kids in the first coupla weeks. I made it out of the house by the end of the first week, was driving into the second (take a pillow to hold in front of your belly) and was back to most mom stuff by the end of the second week. I have 3 kids, with the youngest being a new 2, and the others 11 and 16, so they helped alot. Expect a lot of staples, I had 50, hip to hip. They have to do that to be able to cut the skin out evenly, or so my doctor explained it. You'll have a much larger incision then just a hysterectomy. Are you having a plastic surgeon come in? My doc just does it himself, although if I wanted, I could have had one come in. No extra charge for just him tho! Take care in recovery and PM me with any ques! I'm feeling pretty good, in the first week percocet was my friend, now motrin does the trick, once or twice a day Take your meds, when you need them! hugs Jeannie
Unread 03-23-2007, 05:41 PM
TAH/BSO/Tummy Tuck

I had a TAH BSO and my recovery is better than most. First week you can not take care of the kids! You will have to rest most of the time. Week 2, I could not drive and did not go out of the house. I did work a bit from home and was able to get around better, I still would not want to watch little ones at this time. Week 3 - (this week) I did go out, I am working quite a bit from home, I still need a nap every day, I could (but would not want to) watch small ones but I could not lift them.

I did not have a tummy tuck.

My guess is that what you are going to do is worse than a C section.

I had a myomectomy, 2 C sections and now a hysterectomy. I have the sag too. I was too heavy to get a tummy tuck. I am losing weight and maybe will do it when I get thinner.

Connie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register