I need an opinion - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I need an opinion I need an opinion

Unread 02-28-2006, 10:39 AM
I need an opinion

Thanks everyone.. I am in the process of finding a new dr.. hopefully the one I want to go to is in my insurance plan. I am waiting to hear. As for granulation? I dont think I can have granulation, isnt that when you have a vaginal cuff. I still have my cervix.. so I am not sure about that. THis doctor did and internal so fast.. that I dont know what I have and he is the only on e in the practice right now. When I started to cry and asked to stay out of work or even part time, he dismissed me and didnt tell me anything I have.. Unfortunately this burning feeling I have is still here and I really think its from having sex..I dont know why I think that but just a gut feeling I guess..so here I am ...I just wonder why everything is always so complicated for me? sorry I am trying not to be down..just would like to be normal again! Going back to work now..thanks again to all of you !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2006, 10:51 AM
I need an opinion

Roz,
It's ok to feel down, your body has been through a major ordeal. You are entitled to those feelings, and all the tears you may cry. Know that I keep reading your story, and all the replies, and I'm crying with you. You are NOT alone. Before I found hyster sister, I felt as if there had to be something wrong with me, I see hyst patients in our office every day, and never have I heard of any of these complaints. Please keep your chin up, and a smile on your face, the ladies here really do care..........Jan
Unread 02-28-2006, 11:12 AM
I need an opinion

My doctor did the same thing to me. I felt like she didn't give a **** and I was just another utuerus she removed. I "fired" her (in my mind) and am now seeing another doctor in the same clinic. Hang in there honey, it will get better. Don't let some jerk Dr make you feel bad. We pay so, so much for health care, if you aren't getting the care you need, you need a new doctor. You will feel so much better with a compasionate doctor who will listen to you. We care on this site. I hope things get better for you soon. Only you can take care of yourself, don't beat yourself up. You've been through alot and deserve to be treated better. So, say "YOU'RE FIRED" even if you are the only one who hears it!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2006, 12:06 PM
I need an opinion

Dear Roz,

I had some of the same physical problems. After having sex I experienced burning in my vagina the next day. It didn't seem realed to lubrication, and I was so frustrated. I worried that there was something wrong. I went in to the clinic and saw both my doctor and another doctor. They said every thing is healing nicely. Then a few weeks later I had an apointment in an gynecoligical oncology clinic and they did and exam also. They said that it was all fine. I worried that I had dammage internally that wouldn't go away. Actually, it is now 3 months since my surgery and a lot of those problems are slowly going away.

The one thing that has almost gone away, but is still with me is that if I'm doing too much physical work (even rocking on my glider), or if I bend too much the muscles in my vagina feel strained. It feels like they are trying to pull the incision apart. I've had that since about the second or third week. It is almost gone. Oh I get that if I do a lot of book work, and reach around a lot, and if I get up and down from a chair.

You may wish to consider if some of your activities at work are contributing to your pain.

My experience tells me to keep looking ahead. Six weeks for me was not the day I was well. People still ask how I'm doing. Now I tell them I am getting better. At six weeks I didn't tell them that.
Unread 02-28-2006, 12:14 PM
I need an opinion

Hi Roz,

I'm so sorry that you are going through all of this. It brought tears to my eyes to read your post. I got very lucky with doctor. He's a sweetheart and really listens to how you are feeling. I agree with the other ladies...find a new doctor soon. The way that your doctor treated you is just wrong. You had a major surgery that effects your emotions greatly. And he should realize that and understand it. Hang in there and let us know what happens.

Leslie
Unread 02-28-2006, 12:17 PM
I need an opinion

I cant tell you how much all of your responses mean to me.. CJL...I have just "fired" this doctor.. that has helped me to move on.. thanks for the support everyone. I thank god for all of my hyster sisters out there..I pray that all of you are feeling good and recovering well.. to all of you!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register