dVH/RALH Anxiety around pregnant pple??? Is it just me? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anxiety around pregnant pple???  Is it just me? Anxiety around pregnant pple??? Is it just me?

Unread 01-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Re: Anxiety around pregnant pple??? Is it just me?

It's a daily challenge for me. I am 32 and have no children. I have 2 step children that i love very much but of course the thought of being barren for the rest of my life haunts me daily. Not only do i get anxiety attacks when i see a pregnant woman but i burst into tears when someone who doesn't know me makes a comment about "my time" . It is very difficult and I am actually going to therapy to cope with the loss

I was told that it will take a while to come to terms with it but that deep sorrow may never actually leave just have to learn to accept it which is very hard to do.

sending you all hugs xox
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2014, 09:11 PM

This is interesting to me to see how differently we all react to this. I actually feel much more comfortable around babies now. I've never been interested in having kids, and it's surprising how many people really have had a problem with this or simply can't accept it. Now that it's entirely out of the question, I can sort of relax more because they're not "contagious" if that makes sense. It's nice to think that when the next generation of people in my family starts having kids -- which I imagine will happen eventually -- I can just enjoy myself making baby sweaters and blankets without the inevitable poking and provoking about when I'm going to have one.

I feel for the women for whom this is a loss, though. It must be very hard, and you definitely have my sympathy.
Unread 01-12-2014, 09:42 PM

I was just talking to a friend of mine about this the other day, sitting in the doctors office. I have one daughter, am a single mother and have never wanted any more children so when I had my consultation about my hysterectomy, this was not an issue. However, sitting the waiting room I felt like an alien or something. Maybe it's because a hysterectomy is complete closure on that part of life. I think it is something that will pass. Best wishes on your recovery!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2014, 10:20 PM

Yes to feeling this way. I'm 41 an have two teenagers and have been done having babies or a long time. However, that was my choice and now it feels like that privilege of choice has been taken away. I will forever grieve that I didn't have more babies but I couldn't. I think that has everything to do with me going into a field where I will work with children everyday. Thinking of you all who are struggling with this and sending you hugs.
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:17 AM

I am 41 and have three teenagers. We weren't planning on more kids so I am a little surprised about the emotions that I have been having around pregnant people! I guess it is because that door is forever closed for me now.
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:19 AM

I am so sorry that we are all going through this but glad to know I am not alone! Just trying to stay focused on feeling better, healing correctly and never having to deal with constant bleeding again !!! And chris I am happy for you !!!
Unread 01-16-2014, 01:06 PM

I had no thoughts about this before surgery, have children and didn't plan on having more. And I was taken by surprise how much I grieved my first week post op. at 3 week post op I'm feeling more accepting (this site has been very supportive) but I understand how you feel from this side of things. I don't think people who have not gone through this could relate, I didn't myself pre op! I wish you the best and hope everyday will be a little easier for you.
Unread 01-16-2014, 11:22 PM

I am 29, no children, and I am occasionally emotional about this post surgery. I always wanted to be a mom; however, my quality of life pre-surgery wasn't worth trying to conceive. After receiving my path report, I am comfortable with my choice as there was no way I was going to conceive naturally and it was apparent that I probably would not have been able to carry a child to term. In the future, my husband and I plan to adopt. A number of my friends are getting pregnant. I am so happy for them. I wish a baby had been in the cards; but, my body had other plans. Please no you are not alone in this struggle. I burst out into ugly tears when I saw my 4 year old niece last week. Completely unexpected; however, my child is waiting for me in my heart. When the time is right, we will be a family.
Unread 01-27-2014, 01:12 AM

My heart goes out to Ahale80 and MsJenMcD....I'm sure it is hard to deal with and my prayers are with you. I just had a friend that had a hyst and she remains childless and struggles with these feelings as well. My heart goes out to all those that are going through that. Many hugs and prayers.
Unread 01-27-2014, 07:48 AM

I'm also 29. I have one child that I had young (17). DH and I had no plans for more children but I too, feel like I'm grieving. My younger sister told me she was pregnant just before I went under the knife and I was so hurt. It's so hard especially when people who don't know my history say things. One woman said to me 'you're so young. You could have had more. Now your son will be alone in the world when you're gone.' I just walked away. Some people are just so rude.
I'm here with you on the anxiety.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register