D&C with hysterscope - anyone else had this? Update -- surgery over! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

D&C with hysterscope - anyone else had this? Update -- surgery over! D&C with hysterscope - anyone else had this? Update -- surgery over!

Unread 10-27-2007, 06:44 PM
D&C with hysterscope - anyone else had this?

HI,It's my first time posting.heres a little back ground,3 yrs post menopause,I had bleeding in may,18days,my doctor did a biopsiy all was well.It started again in sept for 15 days.Ihad an ultrasound,my left ovary has a 2cm simple cyst,but my uterus liing is14mm with small cytic areas.now my doctor is doing a d&c with hysterscope.has anyone had this or had this done.any info would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2007, 06:50 PM
D&C with hysterscope - anyone else had this? Update -- surgery over!

i had a d&c and hysteroscope before my hysterectomy. it was a very easy procedure to bounce back from. it was done under general anesthesia in the hospital. i hardly spent any time there at all. its a great diagnostic test. you will do just fine
Unread 10-27-2007, 08:21 PM

I had a hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, and a D and C all at the same time under general anesthesia at a surgical center. The purpose was to determine if there was something in my uterus or something outside my uterus that was causing me to bleed continually. The D and C was to try to stop the bleeding.

Generally you can be about your normal routine the next day though you may have spotting/bleeding. Mine took me a little bit longer and I did have pain but I think that was attributed more to having a bunch of endometriosis cauterized during the lap portion of the surgery.

We do have information in the Resource Database about the procedures you are having.

Many best wishes to you and I hope your doctor is able to find out what the problem is so you can find the right treatment plan for you! s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2007, 05:09 PM

Just had this on Monday. Hysteroscope with a tubal fulguration, ablation, and D&C with partial fibroid removal. I am finding that the hardest part has been the tubal. My tummy is so sore it's unbelievable. But you will do fine. I was under a general anesthesia and didn't feel a thing.

Hope this helps. :-)
Unread 10-31-2007, 08:19 PM

I had a D&C and hysteroscopy today. I had to have a spinal because I had a touch of bronchitis, but I had a twilight sleep so I woke up in surgery when they were all done and didn't feel or remember a thing. Worst thing was hanging around for a couple extra hours because I couldn't pee due to the spinal. Very tiny amount of bleeding, no cramping, and feel tired mainly due to my bronchitis. Had abnormal uterine thickening on my ultrasound and biopsy showed endometrial hyperplasia without atypia. Doc said she didn't see any visible signs of cancer, but will have to wait for biopsy. I have had 2 light periods and slight spotting in the last year and a half and should be almost done with menopause at age 53. If no cancer Doc recommends Provera 1x a month for 10 days to drain my estrogen until my periods stop, but will do hysterectomy if I want. Big decision to make. Don't really want any surgery, but I have had cancer once and it scares me to have abnormal cells growing in me.
So, don't be afraid of the D&C, it wasn't bad at all.
Unread 11-12-2007, 12:59 PM
D&C with hysterscope

Just home from my procedure.All went well,however I' m a little concered,my doctor say that he removed alot of tissue from my uterus,and say he could see why I was having a problem with bleeding.Other than that I feel good.Thanks, to everyone that gave me their input.I'l let you know about the results when they come in.Mary
Unread 11-12-2007, 01:37 PM

S

I am glad things went well! Hopefully all the tissue your doctor removed is going to help you! Take it easy and follow your doctor's recovery instructions!
Unread 11-16-2007, 06:52 PM

Hi everyone,I went to the hospital today and got my pathology report.just simple hyperplasia and lots of benign polyps.I'm hoping that this will be the end of my bleeding.Thanks to all you ladies that gave me your input.now I just go on nov 26 for my recheck,but that should not be a problem.I'll write a note and tell what he says.mary
Unread 11-16-2007, 07:24 PM

I've had 2 D&Cs with hysterscopy. I would say that it's similar to a colonoscopy, but I was out completely for the D&C. When I had a colonoscopy, I was in the twilight zone.

My 1st D&C was in May 07. I had a polyp removed. Bleeding stopped.
Bleeding started again, discussed prometrium, but did D&C (Oct 07), instead. thank God that we did. This time it was uterine cancer.

the actual D&C isn't too bad, but my doc says to go light for 2 weeks for recovery. I was on "pelvic rest." Before the 2 weeks were over, I was in for my TAH BSO.
Unread 11-28-2007, 11:49 AM

Hi all,I went in for my two week check up and was told that I should be fine now.Just one question for some of you ladies.Has anyone had simple hyperplasia and lots of polyps and had bleeding return after your d&c.Thanks,mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register