dont have a shower | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

dont have a shower dont have a shower

Unread 04-27-2004, 11:19 PM
dont have a shower

I have been going over soooo many things in my head. I dont even have a surgery date! I am crazy!!! I just want to make sure everything goes ok. I was just wondering what I am going to do after surgery,especially if I have a vaginal. I do not have a shower and my faucet wont fit one of those shower things on it. I am assuming a tub bath will be a no no for a while??? What in the world am I going to do?? Maybe I can just leave the stopper out and just keep fresh water running and wash up with a clean cup pouring the water on me??? Dang some of the things you think of when you cant sleep! UGH!!!~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2004, 04:31 AM
dont have a shower

Relax I don't have a shower either because we just bought a 105 year old "fixer upper" a couple months ago and all I have is a claw leg tub.

I have been told I will be able to bath probably at 3 weeks post op. I am lucky I do have nearby friends that are letting me shower about every other day and I do take a basin of water on the days I can't and wash up real good.

Make sure you keep your incision clean and you can probably wash your hair in the kitchen sink if you have a hand sprayer and a loved one to help a bit.

Hugs & Happy thoughts!
Misti
Unread 04-28-2004, 04:46 AM
dont have a shower

Other than the possibility of infection from the water, getting up out of the bathtub would be way too hard in the abdominals. Before surgery pay special attention to the "normal" things you do and see how much work the abdominals have to do. This will give you some idea what you will not be doing for a while.

A tub seat will help, at least then you won't have to haul yourself up, but the bending will be very hard, and extremely uncomfortable. Washing your hair in a sink will probably also be pretty hard on the abs. Maybe something like a camping shower, you can fill it with warm water and sit on a tub seat??

Best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2004, 04:48 AM
dont have a shower

For a few dollars, you could buy a rubbermaid stepstool that you can place in the bathtub. (These have skid resistant feet.) Sitting on it will keep you out of the water while you wash.
Unread 04-28-2004, 05:15 AM
dont have a shower

i was encouraged to bath in the castle and getting in and out of bath was no prob. I never had a shower until 3 weeks when I felt more confident. before that I was afraid I would slip or faint and not be able to save myself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register