Pre-Op Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op Hysterectomy Pre-Op Hysterectomy

Unread 02-06-2002, 05:47 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy

Hi out there sisters!
Well, I just received my call today! My surgery is scheduled for next friday! I thought I had until the end of March or beginning of April- but it was moved up!
Now I have only a week to get things in order instead of a month or more.
It all started many years ago with very heavy periods that lasted for many days. In my late 20's I had a laporoscopy and they found endometriosis. They said I had a 50-50 chance of getting pregnant-well right after the lap my husband and I were pregnant-big surprise! I had a girl-but with difficulties. Then 3 years later I had another girl. The Dr said my kidneys could'nt handle another pregnancy so I had my tubes tied. Well the old symptoms starting showing up again-so I had another lap- in which they did laser surgery to burn off the endo. Well I am 43 now and the symptoms are worse than they ever were(they have given me the lupron shots).

Is going to be rough around here-my mother-in-law has back surgery next tuesday- my poor hubby!
I guess what I'm worried about is what they'll find when they get in there- I have been in pain every day for the last month and it is'nt getting better-glad it will be over with tho!

Feb. 15th D-Day!
B-Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2002, 07:17 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy

B-Jean. Nice to have you with us. Your dh will do just fine. Thinking about doing something is always worse than doing it...at least in my case. I worried constantly pre-op...but everything turned out great. My dh took off a week of work to be with me..then after that I was alone during the day and did fine.

Hope your MIL's surgery goes good.

We'll be with you every step of the way.
Unread 02-06-2002, 07:20 PM
Don't Worry, Be Happy :)

Hello there....I am 24 & I just had a hyst. on 1/8.

I too, was scared of what they would find. But you know what? They found exactly what the told me that they would. Stage III endo & adenomyosis.

Waiting really is the hardest part of the procedure...I had to wait 2 months...be glad that you only have a week!! I had so long to "prepare" that I started this "what if...???" thingy. I was so convinced that I was not going to make it, that I wrote my 2 daughters & husband letters for future years. Is that sad or what?

Anyway, you will be fine....just like all of the rest of us
I look forward to hearing your castle story.

Best of luck & God Bless

Endo_Chic

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register