LAVH 2 weeks post hysterectomy: feeling worse, not better! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post hysterectomy: feeling worse, not better! 2 weeks post hysterectomy: feeling worse, not better!

Unread 11-13-2014, 04:34 PM
2 weeks post hysterectomy: feeling worse, not better!

Has anyone else starting feeling very tired and sluggish, kinda depressed? My surgery was Oct 30th...off pain meds taking it easy but gosh I'm so tired all the sudden! great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Re: feeling worse, not better!

My surgery was October 13 so it's been one month exactly and I'm
Definitely not 100%
I don't think I'm on the right hormone.
It's estradiol and I've become very weepy which was NOT me before this.
I'm gonna ask my doc for something
I want to be fully recovered and caught up with everything but I'm not and I can't be as fast as I want to be
Wow I sound like such a downer.
My surgery went well and I have barely any scarring but still feeling shaky.
N
I haven't posted anything on this site but since I had a mini meltdown today I thought I should start getting involved bc I need people who can understand and have been there
Unread 11-13-2014, 05:10 PM
Re: 2 weeks post hysterectomy: feeling worse, not better!

Many women feel they are sliding backward in Week 3. I know I did, as did many of the women on my recovery thread. This is not a linear healing process. It's up, then it's down, then up again, etc. I am 10 weeks today and still fatigued every afternoon, although I think it's finally getting better. I don't feel the strong urge to lie down at 2 or 3pm anymore.

If you are not already doing this, I highly recommend that you follow along and post regularly on your surgery recovery thread with other sisters who had the same surgery week as you..it's so helpful to compare notes on a daily or hourly basis with other women in your same stage of recovery. This was a life saver for me. If you have trouble finding it, just go to "Quick links" in the blue bar above and drop down to "your surgery thread."

Also, here's a short article about a study they did on recovery time, with particular emphasis on fatigue and how long it lasts. http://www.nytimes.com/2002/02/05/he...m-fatigue.html

Don't despair, you'll get there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2014, 05:11 PM

Thank you for replying! I am lucky I guess not to be on hormones...kept ovaries but took everything else. hormones are tricky...side effects, feeling down! I am pretty down today today and hot and cold sweats are crazy! I want to be back to normal again too, I just lay around all day. your not a downer..trust me...I can barely smile. my first post too..let'stry to post more and get support we all need good luck, take care, and Iit will get better
Unread 11-13-2014, 05:20 PM
2 weeks post hysterectomy: feeling worse, not better!

thank you for your advice and positiveness!! some days are good others not so much. but we'll get there...sooner the better! ! take care and rest rest rest!
Unread 11-13-2014, 05:43 PM

My two week mark I was run down and felt bad for two days. I woke on day 3 feeling much better. I have a feeling there will be many more ups and downs.
Unread 11-13-2014, 05:53 PM

I can't wait for the good days...please come quick!
Unread 11-13-2014, 07:57 PM

I had my surgery on October 29th. My recovery is going well...almost feeling normal, but my best day was yesterday when I went for my 2 weeks post op. I also picked up a few light things from the grocery store, and little later I walked around my neighborhood, and even stopped by my friend's house who lives nearby. Today I thought I'd feel as good or maybe even better, but I didn't. I think that getting out and feeling like you're living a normal life helps to feel mentally better, and that helps to feel physically better. I didn't have anywhere I need to be today, I dragged all day. I finally showered, and then I walked around my neighborhood for a while...it helped a little bit. I need to get out tomorrow, go to the grocery store or something, or I'll go nuts! Hope you feel better soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register