It's Pouring Rain Here! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's Pouring Rain Here! It's Pouring Rain Here!

Unread 12-29-2000, 09:11 PM
It's Pouring Rain Here!

Ok I am all set to have my surgery on the 4th bags packed the whole nine yards and today they admit my 20 year old daughter to the hospital. They say her left ovary is twisted and they will be doing surgery in the morning to correct this. The Dr said that if it hasn't killed the ovary he may be able to untwist it but if it has already suffocated it than they will have to remove it, it swollen to about the size of a baseball. Has anyone heard of this before? I thought there was ligaments or something in there to hold them in place? So I took all of my stuff up to her, hey at least I was prepared for someone to go in the hospital!

Now I don't know about having mine because although there is someone else to take care of her she always wants her mommy when she doesn't feel good. But then again it has taken 4 months to get this surgery scheduled and I hate to delay it especially since it is cancer. I know she will insist that I go ahead and have mine but I don't know about that because I will worry about her the whole time.

Man when it rains it pours. Even my kitty is sick he just spent a week in the kitty hospital.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2000, 09:42 PM
It's Pouring Rain Here!

Dear Debbie, cancer takes precedent...don't mess with that. I apologize, I do not mean to diminish your daughter's condition...what surgery is she having? ...can you get someone to help the two of you after (now and after the 4th) ?
Unread 12-30-2000, 09:41 AM
It's Pouring Rain Here!

Debbie - Do NOT delay your surgery..cancer is nothing to mess around with. Your daughter and you can recovery at the same time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2000, 12:44 PM
It's Pouring Rain Here!

I agree with the sisters above - keep yours on schedule. You two can spend your "vertical" time together. Right now we've got my DH's Grandma down visiting for a week or so. She's almost 90, and we're moving at about the same speed. We were just sitting on the back porch, with our feet up on pillows, watching the birds and talking. Maybe we'll get ambitious later and play Scrabble. You two can be good company for each other as you heal.
Unread 12-30-2000, 04:41 PM
It's Pouring Rain Here!

Oh my but you are so right. It is pouring. As for your daughter, sometimes cysts grow on stalks and when they twist the blood supply gets cut off. It sounds like she's in good hands though. Oh yes you must have your surgery as scheduled. DD needs you around for a long long time. I believe everything happens for a reason and maybe there is some blessing in this yet to be discovered.

BTW, what's wrong with the kitty?? I hope kitty's ok now.

Unread 12-31-2000, 02:59 PM
It's Pouring Rain Here!

Thanks for all the replies I know your right it's just hard for a mom to leave a sick kid even when they are grown. So yes I am going ahead with the surgery.

Ok update on DD. When they did the diagnostic Lap (before he opened her up) they discovered it wasn't her ovaries after all but her tube so they called down to get permission to remove the tube and I granted it because he said ther really wasn't anyway to save it and she would never be able to conceive with it in there. He said he really needed to remove both of them but he thought there was a possibility that the right one could be treated with medication. I wouldn't give him permission to take them both no one has the right to decide that for another person unless it is life or death.The good part was they were able to do it with the lap so her recovery should be alot easier. So I feel better about leaving her for 4 days now.

Grandmeow- Kitty had a urinary tract infection which is very dangerous in male cats (his brother died last year from one) but we got him there in time and he's acting like his old self again. We just have to watch him real close for a while.
Unread 01-02-2001, 02:54 PM
My goodness it is raining on you.

God bless you, DD and poor kitty. Glad to hear keeping your appt. I agree with the other posts. Could be a blessing in diguise. All 3 of you can re-coop together and do a little bonding. Best of luck to all.
Joy
Unread 01-02-2001, 05:36 PM
It's Pouring Rain Here!

My daughter and I both ended up having surgery on the same day in Aug. of '99. We were scheduled a few days apart but then her ortho doctor changed her date.My date was arranged due to having been on Lupron and it was important to do it at that time. She went first so I could be there for her and they let me in the recovery room to help her deal with coming out of the anesthesia. I stayed with her in post op and she recovered nicely. She was able to be discharged to home in the loving care of my neighbor. Then I had to go downstairs and check in as the patient. I had a lap done to remove endo and got home at 8pm that night. We recovered together and made my husband an honorary nurse! I know my situation is not as serious as yours, I am glad that you are going ahead with your date. I will be praying for you.
Take Care
Brownie
Scheduled 1/11/01
LAVH/BSO

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register