I'm fat and don't care (much) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm fat and don't care (much) I'm fat and don't care (much)

Unread 05-19-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm fat and don't care (much)

We're not fat, we are big and healthy, the rest of them are skinny and undernourished (LOL) I made my own self laugh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker Lady
I had a TVH, (kept ovaries), A & P Repairs and a TVT Sling on April 17th. I have been experiencing some vaginal/abdominal pressure (feels like something is about to fall out). Has anyone experienced this? Thanks for the reply in advance.
You can start a new thread by clicking on the "new thread" link at the top of the first page of the post-op message boarc.
Unread 05-19-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterpecan
We're not fat, we are big and healthy, the rest of them are skinny and undernourished (LOL) I made my own self laugh.
Don't laugh too hard just after surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2007, 10:25 PM

Love the title. I'm going out tomorrow to buy a new outfit.
Unread 05-19-2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycee
Don't laugh too hard just after surgery!
I'm going to laugh myself all the way to Jareds Jewelry store. Instead of clothes i'll treat myself to diamonds!!

Keep up the great spirit and wonderful attitude!
Unread 05-20-2007, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterpecan
I'm going to laugh myself all the way to Jareds Jewelry store. Instead of clothes i'll treat myself to diamonds!!

Keep up the great spirit and wonderful attitude!
Hey now I like your answer! diamonds are a girls best friend!
Unread 05-21-2007, 12:19 PM

I feel better already everyone!!! My daughter is graduating with honors from high school on June 14th so that is keeping my mind of things. For the most part I pray to God everyday and night that the cancer tests came back negative and yes 7 months later it does get alittle easier but other days I just cry my eyes out. Its a journey I chose to travel but definitely not alone once I found this web site!!!! Thanks everyone!!! I love you all Jonzie
Unread 05-22-2007, 07:53 AM

I had been hoping my uterous, cervix, fallopian tubes, and ovaries would weigh something, but I guess not. I guess because of the all of the fluids they pumped into me when I came home I weighed 14 lbs more than I did the morning I went into surgery. Yikes!! Since then I have gotten back down to what I was the morning of surgery, but I really had hoped to lose at least 5 lbs from having several organs removed. Sort of like getting a tiny post op perk. I had a Vag/Lap surgery, and because of the saggy belly from the 129 lb weighloss asssited through gastric bypass surgery, I can't really tell if my belly swells or not. My clothes fit like they used to. The jeans are still tight. I kept telling myself that if I ever won the lottery, I would get a tummmy tuck so I could see what my tummy is supposed to look like, and maybe my clothes would fit better. Still there is no denying the 14 lbs that I put on in the year prior to surgery, are still there. I'm hoping that next week when I get back to work, I will get in to a routine of working out, walking, and eating healthy things, in the right portions at the right times, to lose that weight and hopefully some more. I'm not feeling like a panic attack is on its way, but not feeling that old passion of doing the right healthy thing either. I journal alot, and was looking at my entries from a year ago, just before Memorial day, while I waited to call my Dr back to see what he was so frantic about on the phone. I was feeling happy, healthy, optimistic, enjoying my morning and midafternoon work outs. Couldn't imagine what was so dire that his office left the message on the Friday afternoon prior to the holiday, that I needed to speak to them immediately. Dragging my feet, putting the surgery on hold really did a number on me, emotionally. I keep reminding myself that I can't go back , I can only go forward. I guess it didn't help when I asked my Dr at the 6 wk checkup about the pathology report, and with some point blank questions, found out that probably nothing would have happened to me without the surgery. The anemia would have cleared up, since I was only having a period about 3 times a year, now. The cyst in my fallopian tube would probably not have grown, at least not enough to rupture the tube and cause an emergency. The Dr said the ultimate good was because of the cyst and the fibroid. down the road, really ugly things could develop, and by the time I felt pain it would be too late. He said his first case as an intern was with an Oncologist, and his first patient was a woman dying from ovarian cancer. He said , no one should die that way, if there was a way to avoid it. So, in the end , it was a surgery to preempt other things.

I'm glad that you are feeling good about yourself, inspite of what your clothes or the scale tells you. I hope to get back to that place very soon.

Blessings,

Maureen
Unread 05-22-2007, 01:01 PM

Hey Maureen,
The good and happy feelings come and go if that makes any sense. I had everything taken out due to endo, polyps and fibroids plus heavy continuous bleeding for 1 year. Waiting for the surgery was the docs decision but made matters worse both emotionally and physically. The waiting for all the cancer test results, blood work up for anemia and God knows what else really takes it toll on us. I was more worried about my family than myself...I guess the doc couldn't understand that. We all go through ours surgery feeling both emotionally and physically different...for me it seems like after everthing is taken out some doctors don't even want to bother with us. I guess its because its a hormonal thing. BUT this site has taught me soooo many things and I love you all!!!! We all must hold up our heads and think positive!!!! Love to you all Jonzie
Unread 05-22-2007, 07:48 PM

I have a budha belly - and it is jolly and so am I finally! and I too don't care anymore!
Finally feeeling better after three months too - it has been one heck of a journey and the least of my worries is the weight I gained and the budha belly and flap I now have.
15 years of agony gone and on the mend in 3 months - yes, it has been one heck of a journey but way way worth it, and in the process I have learned so much about who I am and who is around me that is worth knowing me - budha belly and all!
The weight will come and go, and yes, I too lost it years ago at Weight Watchers and eventually will go back and do it all over again, but for now, I went to Fashion Bug and bought some elestic waist capris and big bright shirts and white pants too - it is going to be a glorious fun filled - finally pain free summer - budha belly and all!!! - oh no more HRT for me!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register