Yellow Vaginal Discharge..normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yellow Vaginal Discharge..normal? Yellow Vaginal Discharge..normal?

Unread 03-06-2007, 03:11 AM
Yellow Vaginal Discharge..normal?

I had emergency TAH 5 weeks ago after my uterus failed to contract after giving birth. I had slight bleeding for few days after the op. Now I have pale yellowish discharge. The amount is enough to soak up a pantyliner in matter of few hours. There is foul odor to it as well. Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2007, 03:16 AM

Hi Kiwi

I was told that a small amount of discharge was normal but to call if it had a bad odor, if I soaked through a full pad in less than 3 hours, if it was bright fresh blood, etc. I don't think a foul odor is normal at all. I think a call into your doctor's office would be good.

Take care. Sending you some positive energy and a

Lyn
Unread 03-06-2007, 05:16 AM

I agree with with Lyn, call your doctor. You may be developing some sort of infection and you need to have that taken care of. Please let us know how it goes.

Wendy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2007, 07:29 AM

I also agree that if it has an odor to call the doctor, just to be on the safe side. If it is an infection, you want to get it taken care of! (((HUGS)))
Unread 03-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Odor

I had my TAH in December, and most of the sisters in my post-op group had the discharge, ranging from yellow to brown. Some had odor along with it, some did not. I would call your doctor to confirm, just know that some other people had the same thing, so don't panic yet!
Unread 03-06-2007, 09:15 AM

kiwiforever I too had a yellow discharge and foul oder soaking a pad ect... I went to Dr yesterday and I have an infection starting in my vaginal cuff So plz go get checked its better safe than sorry. catch it before it gets to bad
Unread 03-06-2007, 11:55 PM

Thanks again for all your help everyone!!
It's good to know that I can seek help through this site. It's hard enough going through this but knowing that I have wonderful sisters to share the experience is making my recovering that much easier.

Thanks again for all your help!!
*made doctor's appointment next week. hope all is okay!!
Unread 03-07-2007, 01:17 AM

Next week????!! can you not phone now? mention you are worrying it maybe an infection...

I had a yellow discharge at that stage, but it did not have a foul odour.It wasn't fresh smelling of course, but not foul.
Unread 03-07-2007, 09:04 PM

I'm going in for my 6 week postpartum checkup next week (since I gave birth 5 weeks ago). So the doc said to come in then. The amount of discharge isn't that much but it's the odor that worries me.

Thanks for you concern!!!!!!
Unread 03-07-2007, 09:15 PM

The odor is what worries me as well, sounds like you're starting and infection and you REALLY need to get that taken care of immediately...could lead to something else if you don't get some antibiotics. Please call your dr or go to an er.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register