very nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-02-2004, 08:14 AM
very nervous

well i finally scheduled!!! after 3 yrs of misery i hope this surgery goes well . i already cancelled once this year due to fear. i think being a nurse makes it worse for me knowing what can go wrong. my date is may 13th . at least its not friday the 13th!! i read this site every day alll your posts have been very informative.i went out yesterday and bought all my things i think ill need . now im preparing my recovery room at home. any ideas out there .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2004, 08:19 AM
very nervous

Hi Lori,

Well you are a day before me. I am glad to see more mid may surgeries coming up ..I felt alone! I have known for a good while too that I needed one but was not ready. My dr said I would know when the time was right. I cant take the pain, pressure and bleeding anymore so i did it. May 14 is my date for the castle. I am a nervous wreck over the whole thing but truly know its best for me. I am having a TAH due to multiple fibroids, endo and adeno. Cant wait for all this pain to go away for good especially after this month! Donna/PA

TAH 5/14/04, multiple fibroids, endo, adeno, lap 1/93, (2) D&C, yrly pelvic u/s.
Unread 04-02-2004, 08:29 AM
very nervous

I was at church last night and told some women I was having a TAH and three of them smiled and said they had hysters and said they did just fine and I will too. How comforting! Just what I needed to hear. I think the worst part is anticipating the unknown, that's why this site is so great. I like reading the castle stories! Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2004, 09:04 AM
very nervous

Lori,
I'm sure being a nurse you're almost over informed!!!(if they're such a thing!) and I know that you've seen a lot of things go wrong in the hospital setting....
THINK about all the things you've seen go RIGHT. We do have a wonderful medical community... the best in the world. And they will take good care of you.
Good Luck.I know you'll do great!
Sandra
Unread 04-02-2004, 09:35 AM
very nervous

Lori,

Glad you have a date. After so much misery think of how wonderful you are going to feel afterwards. Forget the bad effects you have seen and think of the good outcomes, surly they out weigh.

Hang in there and come here often to share with us what is happening. Someone is always here to listen.
Unread 04-02-2004, 10:20 AM
very nervous

My TAH is the 13th also. I read a post that said make sure you have your recovery room looking just the way you want it, with all the goodies you need to keep you occupied. I am going to do that the Monday before after my Dr. appointment. I have lots of books, magazines, and all my scrapbooking supplies.

Is it true that nurses make the worst patients????That was meant as a joke, sometimes its not so good to know everything. I wish you well. God Bless Cheryl
Unread 04-02-2004, 10:45 AM
very nervous

im so glad i joined this site you all are so comforting.My family ARE GETTING TIRED OF MY TALKING ABOUT MY SURGERY I AM TOO BUT ITS GOOD TO TALK ABOUT THINGS WITH PEOPLE GOING THROUGH THE SAME PROBLEMS. I HAVE HAD HEAVY PERIODS AND CRAMPING FOR TOO LONG NOW I CALL IN SICK ALL THE TIME AT WORK . I KNOW IM ON THE EDGE OF PROBLY LOSING MY JOB BUT I HOPE THEY CAN WAIT . I HOPE THIS WILL MAKE A NEW PERSON WITH MORE ENERGY. WHEN I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR MY C-SECTION I WASNT THAT BAD OF PATIENT I TRIED TO CONTAIN MY SELF PARTLY BECAUSE I WAS TOO DRUGGED NOT TO . SO I HOPE THE SAme goes with this surgery that im too looped to notice anything. plus i do have co-workers that will come in and stay with me.. yes i was too diagnosed with adeno and endo but keeping my ovaries.i also have 2 small kids at home and trying to prepare them i dont think they really understand yet .
Unread 04-02-2004, 11:07 AM
very nervous

You know, your kids might not even realize that this is something special (at least until after they grow up). You might consider the old adage of "less is more" when it come to trying to explain it to them.

Mostly let them know that you have a tummy ache but you'll feel better soon. Depending on their age, you can alway put a nice big bandaid on your shirt or nightgown right in the area where you're hurting. Even a two year old knows that a bandaid means 'it hurts'.

I used to do that when I had a headache and my girls were little. I'd put a bandaid right across my forehead. They knew in a minute that it was time to be nice and quiet.
Unread 04-02-2004, 02:46 PM
very nervous

that is a great idea about the bandaid thank you .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register