Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 28-Dec 04,2016 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 28-Dec 04,2016 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 28-Dec 04,2016

Unread 11-28-2016, 09:08 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 28-Dec 04,2016

If your hysterectomy was between Nov 28-Dec 04,2016 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2016, 01:15 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 28-Dec 04,2016

Princesses to your Recovery Progress Report Thread and the other side

This is your thread for sharing and caring for your kind sisters. It will be as helpful as you all make it. You can compare experiences, share progress, vent frustration, and generally find understanding.

I am one of your SunshineSister along with Cussette (our newest SS) and we remember how good it felt to have our surgery over. We are here to say "You are not alone." And to share our personal experiences and the things we have learned from other sisters. I had my DvH/BSO w/ Rectocele and Cystocele Repair on 1/16/2014 and had a slow but uncomplicated recovery still dealing with a few issues.

Recovery is different for everyone and there is NO NORMAL but we will have many similarities to share. Initial recovery may take 6-12 weeks and full healing could be one year. You know yourself so listen to your body, keeping in mind you just had major surgery.

If you can make sure your profile has your surgery type it is helpful as some answers depend on this. Also where you are in this wide world is fun.

So some Sisterly advice:
-Be kind to yourself and listen to your body.
-Follow your Dr's orders and heed limitations.
-Accept help from family and friends
-Drink lots of water and eat healthy tummy friendly food
-Rest, Rest, Rest, and Rest
-Walk a little each hour you are awake(to get a glass of water, a cup of tea or to the bathroom)

Feel free to ask questions about anything that comes up or if you just need a cyber hug ASK!

This site has some great articles so explore. I am sure Cussette will be posting some links. Use those to help pass the time which you will have a bit of in the next 6 weeks. Lol. I loved the Hysterectomy Checkpoints. They let me know what to expect as I progressed in my healing.

Don't forget to use the Post Op Forum to ask a question of sisters farther along in their recovery who might have had a similar concern. We definitely will be letting you know when this is a good idea.

So as you begin your healing, remember you just had MAJOR SURGERY. You have one chance to get this right. So listen to your body and take care of you. We are here to help. See you when you are ready to post.

You have my prayers and good thoughts for your recovery.
Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 11-28-2016, 02:23 PM

Hello, lovely Sisters, and welcome to the Other Side! I pray that your surgeries went well.

Healing is your #1 priority. As Anndy said, this was major surgery and healing takes place inside as well as outside. You’re still your doctor’s patient until you’re released, and even then, healing will continue. I'm 6-1/2 months out from a laparoscopic subtotal hysterectomy from a fibroid frat party and adenomyosis.

There will be things you cannot and probably should not do at first
You may experience gas and bowel issues
Aches and pains
Swelly belly
And your emotions might swing at the drop of a hankie

When you’re confused , it’s okay to ask questions, and we welcome you to discuss what's on your mind. Don't think anything is TMI considering what we've had done !

Anndy and I will check in with you, provide info and links to guide you, and we’ll draw upon our own experiences to help you. You are not alone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2016, 06:43 PM

Well I have made it to the other side!!! Had my tvh at 8 am. Doc said everything went perfectly. Anxiety is gone but nurse gave me an Ativan this morning because she could see how nervous I was. Pain was about a 5 when I was in recovery so gave me one percocet. Haven't had any more pain meds today ( might ask for a Motrin before bed just in case) Bladder is working but sloww. Been doing some slow walks around the hospital too! Can definitely say the fear and the what ifs before surgery is the worst part of all of this!! I already feel less pressure and the pain really just feels like period cramp!!! Praying for all sisters to have an easy recovery!!!
Unread 11-28-2016, 06:57 PM

Corinne,

Know how good you feel. Don't be afraid to stay on pain meds right now. It is important to stay ahead of. It actually can be a couple of days before all the anesthesia clears. Your body will relax and start healing faster without discomfort. Don't forget to keep drinking. Hospitals have drying air and drinking will help you stay hydrated so everything functions better. So glad to hear you are doing well. The walking is great.

Pleasant dreams and lots of gentle sister hugs,
Anndy
Unread 11-28-2016, 10:43 PM

I had my lavh today at 1:00. Surgery went well and my ovaries got to stay (hooray!). They removed cervix, uterus, and tubes.

I had a lot of nausea in recovery and I'm still getting little waves.

I'm not one to take much in the way of pain meds but today I've been pushing my med button every ten minutes!

I'm staying overnight and have had very kind nurses. I haven't gotten up from bed yet due to the nausea and dizziness. I hope tomorrow I can get my catheter removed and go for a walk.

Sending love and well wishes to my hystersisters.
Unread 11-29-2016, 03:09 AM

I made it to the other side! Surgery went well, they removed everything except my ovaries, she said they looked fantastic
Everyone was right, the stress before surgery is WAY worse that the actual surgery. I held it ll together until 30 minutes before my surgery and I lost it. Ended up laying in my mom's lap and just cried. She is one hell of a lady, she didn't crack once.
The pain in the belly is not awful, just stay on top of the meds and your fine. It is a strong achy feeling.
I am so glad in done, the stress beforehand really is the worse part
Unread 11-29-2016, 04:16 AM

jule22 and ItStillJustMe,

So glad you two are on the other side. Jule, I am like you about meds but did the same with med button. I am convinced it helped(might be self serving thought). Hope the nausea subsides soon. ItStill, the anxiety is so normal, so glad you had your Mom to cry on. Aren't moms great. Mine is 93 and I feel so lucky to still have her.

Hope all are drinking and walking as soon as the nurses are getting you up. I am impress with how well you all are doing.

Gentle hugs all around,
Anndy
Unread 11-29-2016, 05:26 AM

Had my LVAH yesterday morning and I am so pleased how well I feel. Doc told my DH yesterday that he expected to keep me in the hospital another night due to length of surgery (3+ hours) because of the amount of adhesions and scar tissue. Said my organs were all stuck together. However I feel fine and plan to break out if here soon. Only thing is that I didn't sleep at all. Could only stay asleep 15 to 20 minutes at a time. Pain really is very minimal. I'm extremely swollen all over, I feel like Veronica in Willy Wonka and the Choclate Factory and need to be juiced!! Bladder is working overtime so hopefully will get better soon.

Prayers to all who are having surgery this week!!
Unread 11-29-2016, 05:35 AM

Harlechpr, Jule22, ItsStillJustMe and Betharw to the Other Side!

Harlechpr - Glad the anxiety has lessened. It's good that they're getting you up to walk. Yep, my bladder was slow and bashful too!

Jule22 - Sorry you're dealing with a bit of nausea and dizziness, anesthesia does that to some folks. You're in the right place for any care you need, and it's good to know the nursing staff is so understanding.

ItsStillJustMe - So glad your mom was there to catch your tears! Will mom be there to help you the first few days?

Betharw - glad you're feeling well despite all you had done. Hopefully you can catch more sleep today. The image of Veronica is priceless !

. . .

I'm glad y'all have discovered that the pain is manageable. I found that too, and I'm a total wimp when it comes to pain! When you're home, stay ahead of / on top of your pain meds , so that it doesn't get the upper hand. You'll likely have several things to take and it can be a juggling act. I had the narcotics, prescription ibuprofen, GasX, stool softener, and perhaps an antibiotic - the only way I could keep it all straight was to keep a log of when you took what.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register