a bit scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-17-2002, 08:05 PM
a bit scared

Tomorrow is my big day. I have been looking over the site periodically for the last few weeks, getting ideas and such, and I felt fine till tonight, when I was putting my boys to bed. They know that Mommy is having surgery, and tonight they were very emotional, very clingy. I tried my best to reassure them that all would be okay, but I think I need some reassuring as well. I know that this is the best option for me, I have had endo since I was 17 and have had more surgeries than I care to remember, and it has gotten severe now, so I know it is time, and apparently so did my Dr. I have so much to be thankful for, I was told at 18 that I would never have children, but with God's help and an amazing Dr who believed that we do it, I do. So that part is not scary to me, but I am worried about the scar and my sex drive. My husband and I have discussed and I know that no matter what he will love me, however, I cannot get this nagging voice out of my head that says that I will be less of a woman. Is this normal? My Dr. is going to try to save my Ovaries, but what if he cannot?? I know I am rambling, but as I said, I am nearing the witching hour and getting really nervous about it. Can any body help me?? Let me know that I will be okay??

Thank you so much,
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2002, 08:13 PM
a bit scared

You are going through the worst time you'll have during this whole adventure....WHATEVER you are feeling is OK!!! It's a total emotional rollercoaster, so just hang on!

You probably know rationally that your brain is what makes you a woman, along with your heart. NOT your uterus or ovaries. But when you're scared, reason flies out the window, as we all know too well!! But please believe me when I tell you that you will be MORE of a woman...a HEALTHY happy woman, able to be the person you want to be, without pain or worry or bleeding or constant thoughts about what's wrong with you.

Keep breathing, have faith in your family and your doctor, and you'll be OK. We're all here sending good thoughts to you....just hang in a little longer and it will be behind you soon.

You're gonna be FINE...better than ever, and your boys will be pampering their mom!!!

All the best to you!

Karen
Unread 01-17-2002, 08:16 PM
a bit scared

Hi Kim!

God bless. I'm sure that you will be in many prayers. You will be in mine. I wish I had the experience to reassure you. I'm sure some others will be along soon to help and calm you.

Rayna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2002, 08:25 PM
a bit scared

Hi Kim,

My prayers and thoughts will be with you. I have not been through this yet, but I know what you are feeling tonight. I have two more weeks to go and I am so scared as you are. I pray you have a uneventful surgery and recovery. Please let me know how you did so you can clam me when I am ready on January 31.

God Bless,
Debbie
Msorazza99@aol.com
TAH/BSO
Unread 01-17-2002, 08:25 PM
a bit scared

Kim,

I'm not released for sex yet (2 more weeks to go), but I know my libido is there. I've talked to many women in the chat room on this site who've said their sex life is just as good or even better since they've had their hysts.

Like my dh told me, he says I am no less a woman and that I still have the same heart & soul. I now realize that one organ did not make me a woman. It's the way I feel & think that makes me one.

Good luck with everything! Come back & give us an update as soon as you're a and feeling up to it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register