surgery tomorrow 8/31 I'm SOOO scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery tomorrow 8/31 I'm SOOO scared surgery tomorrow 8/31 I'm SOOO scared

Unread 08-30-2009, 03:15 PM
surgery tomorrow 8/31 I'm SOOO scared

I am shaking, crying freak out!
I am so scared of not waking up at all (I am a smoker and havent smoked today but saturday I smoked a pack from nervousness) and I am not in HORRIBLE pain, my beeding has ben for almost a month now, not bad cramps, some pain during intercourse or cardio. my doc (and my 2nd opinion doc) said the prolapse is a level 2 and wont get better with time it will get worse. i have birthed four children and am 30yrs. so scared of losing orgasm, not recovering well. Suppose to be day surgery and am hoping it will be because I would rather be at home with my husband. I would have more kids but we really cant afford it and no more room. So I am here freaking, and reading these threads over and over again. I have to be at hospital at 545am. I ate earlier and am suppose to do clear liquides from now on and chicken broth until modnight then nothing at all. I am fixing to buy milk of magnesium and hopefully clean out a little. I am a mess. My husband says I am worried for no reason but I dont know if I should maybe cancel it because why else would I have these horrible feelings if I was suppose to have surgery wouldnt I feel calmer about it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Re: surgery tomorrow 8/31 I'm SOOO scared

It IS a scary thing to face and this is a really stressful time jsmith. The last bit of waiting is the worst, when there isn't anything left to do.
It will be easier tomorrow once you wake up and there are things that must be done.
J
Unread 08-30-2009, 03:25 PM

i am so thinking I should not do it because I dont think I should be this freaked out if it was meant to be. I am a BASKET CASE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2009, 03:30 PM

Lots of us are freaked out.
I thought about not waking up from the anaesthetic and I've read lots of posts from women who had similar thoughts and worse on the night before. What do you normally do to settle yourself when you feel freaked out?
No one has posted that she died during surgery, by the way.
J
Unread 08-30-2009, 03:38 PM

just because I am a smoker makes me worry alot. I had breast implants 10 yrs ago BUT I had only been a smoker 5 yrs at that point. now its 15. I am so scared of so many things. I know i should not cancel but am hoping I am makeing right choice. I will def be posting and helping out the other pre op princesses when all this is done. I really appreciate all the info and support here. I usually take a prescribed xanax when I get like this.
Unread 08-30-2009, 03:51 PM

Would reading some of the funny posts from the pre-op forum and positive posts from the post op help?
It's not a good time, but your cup is half full as well.
J
Unread 08-30-2009, 04:01 PM

I took my xanax before my surgery. Just don't take it after midnight. You are completely normal feeling freaked out. It doesn't mean you should cancel. We all felt that way. Tomorrow will be better & soon you will be healing & getting better. Hang in there.
Unread 08-30-2009, 04:55 PM

The evening before my surgery was the absolute worst for me. I had a very busy week that I hoped would distract me (my surgery was the day after Christmas), but around 5 or 6 pm I started staring off into space and felt terrified.

A hysterectomy is one of the safest surgeries a woman can have. I had to remind myself to breathe (deep cleansing breaths) so I could try to stay calm.

Give yourself permission to cancel, but not until you're in the hospital and all gowned and hooked up. When you get to the hospital in the morning, tell the nurses how you feel and what your anxieties are. They can reassure you and give you medication if needed to help you feel calmer. Just think of all the reasons you've said you need the surgery. None of it is going to get better. You've been smoking for 15 years now? A year from now, you'll have been smoking for 16. Five years from now it will be 20. If a hysterectomy is going to give you the best outcome for the problems you're experiencing, then think about whether you really want to continue to live with these troubles or if you'll be one of the women who says, "I feel so great I wish I'd done it years ago." You deserve to feel better and have a chance at a pain-free, white-underwear-filled life.

I'm sending big and will look for you on the post-op forum in a couple days.

Unread 08-30-2009, 05:03 PM

here's a big hug to you!!! look forward to hearing from you on the other side! try and relax and we are all hoping for a noneventful surgery and recovery...
Unread 08-30-2009, 05:10 PM

Gosh, soooo many of us have freaked out like you are. It's scary.
Just think- by this time tomorrow, you'll be recovering. You will be awake, alive, and recovering. We'll get you through this!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register