LSH 3.5 weeks post op. Side/belly pain...intense at times | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSH 3.5 weeks post op.  Side/belly pain...intense at times LSH 3.5 weeks post op. Side/belly pain...intense at times

Unread 07-27-2010, 10:09 AM
LSH 3.5 weeks post op. Side/belly pain...intense at times

I'm 45 years old with 5 kids. My surgery was on 7/2, didn't need pain meds, went to a movie and restaurant on 7/4. Had coughing/sneezing on 7/4...OUCH! Back to work since 7/7 for 4 hrs/day (desk job).

I have had a side ache/cramp that gets really intense when sitting. I've taken Motrin and that helps. I really notice it when I'm driving. It never really goes away and the pain ranges from 1-7 on a scale of 1-10.

Doc thinks I've overdone it, but I feel great except for the side pain. I've followed all the rules...no lifting more than 10 lbs, no exercising, nothing strenuous, etc...

Doc said my pain is where she removed my uterus (164 grams), removed a cyst on my ovary and repaired my prolapsed bladder. She said it's possible my intestine may be herniating??? And, if pain doesn't get better, she will do an ultrasound.

ALSO...when will the swelly belly go away?!?!? I've been wearing my regular clothes but there is the unfortunate "muffin topping" going on when I wear my shorts/jeans.

Just curious to see if there is anyone here with the same problem and if there are any helpful suggestions...other than rest and relaxation (which I feel that I get plenty of).

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Re: LSH 3.5 weeks post op. Side/belly pain...intense at times

I rested for the whole 8 weeks. It was very boring but at the end of that I did not have any pain. My swell belly lasted 5 months & was worse on days I did more. I looked at it as a small price to pay for being pain free. Just you going into work & driving is a lot for a major surgery. I could not have done that at even 8 weeks. But it does sound like you are taking good care of yourself. It is probably just the healing going on. Best wishes to you.
Unread 07-27-2010, 02:09 PM

You rested for 8 weeks? Wow! Maybe I just need more healing time. Thank you for your response!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2010, 02:42 PM

I didn't do much more than walk. Slow walking was fine but I didn't vacuum or lift anything more than the 5 pounds. Around the 5th week I was able to make tv dinners for us but nope, I didn't do much. It was really boring but I am doing great now. Take it easy on yourself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register