Something really strange happened to me, 1 wk post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Something really strange happened to me, 1 wk post-op Something really strange happened to me, 1 wk post-op

Unread 03-27-2011, 02:21 AM
Something really strange happened to me, 1 wk post-op

This is VERY PERSONAL. But, it really freaked me out and I had to know if someone else has had this experience.

I have ad adverse reaction to my pain pills, at night. For some reason, I have been dreaming really STRANGE dreams. Now, normally, I hardly remember a dream (cannot remember one in the last year, AT LEAST). But, these dreams are usually sexual! I feel like a kid going through puberty and having wet dreams...lol.

Well, I actually had a dream where I woke up HAVING AN ORGASM! It scared the hell outta me. I do not know about you ladies. But, usually, when you have a sexual dream, it seems you always wake up before the orgasm happens...lol. But, I was terrified that it should not be happening THAT SOON after surgery. I must have just sat up in bed and just waited for pain or something horrible to happen. I thought I had hurt something inside. But, it happened without my control! I almost felt raped or something weird like that. Needless to say, I do not take the pain pills before bed anymore...lol.

But, my curiosity is not only is what happened okay. But, I have been reading a lot of horror stories about the first sexual experience and now I am terrified of when to even try to have sex. I kept my cervix, just because of feeling like I would feel wierd without my cervix and my honey would notice it not there...(I know that sounds wierd).

But, am I the only one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2011, 06:12 AM
Re: Something really strange happened to me, 1 wk post-op

I really wouldn't worry about it but if you feel comfortable, talk to your doctor. If you are having pain as a result I would definitely talk to the dr. If not, I am sure everything is fine.

Honestly, IMO if you are fine I would look at it as a positive thing, obviously you haven't lost any sexual feelings.
Unread 03-27-2011, 06:32 AM

Hi there,
I had a dream close to that. I too thought it was the meds. Glad to know that I am still sexual. I was scared I would lose that part of me. They had to take my cervix. It was not savable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2011, 07:30 AM

I had that happen to me also. I'm 64 & because of a bad home situation, haven't had sex in about 9 yrs. About the 2nd day I came home from the hospital, I woke up to an orgasm. Like you it scared me because I worried also that I might have hurt something inside. I waited for pain or more bleeding, but nothing happened. I have had a couple more since but now I don't worry about it. Don't remember dreaming anything sexual. Quit my pain pills after about 4 days. Just took ibuprofen when I felt bad. I had a TVH 2-23-11
Unread 03-27-2011, 07:47 AM

I was not on pain pills at all and this happened to me too, so I just saw it as a good sign, that at least I can still have one especially after reading on here that some women lose the ability.
Unread 03-27-2011, 12:09 PM

OMG! I am soooo glad to hear I did not have some strange occurence. It is nice to know this has happened to other women. I, too, was concerned I would not be able to even have an orgasm again (because I had uteran contractions when I orgasmed and thought it would feel different, when it was gone). I stopped taking the pain meds because of all the dreaming more than the incident that happened. I was just having creepy dreams, too.

Thank you ladies. You made me feel so much better.
Unread 03-27-2011, 02:40 PM

During my surgery week a gal on the forum had the same experience you did, waking up in the middle of a dream and in the middle of an orgasm. We all considered her one lucky girl! ;-)

I think this is not real unusual, and for your sexual interest to be heightened is normal too, which I thought was really weird, especially since you can not do anything about it yet!

Just for the record. I am 9 months post op and dh and I have the best sex life we have ever had! Seriously, we have been married 24 years and we feel like newlyweds again, only this time we know what we are doing! :-D
Unread 03-27-2011, 03:24 PM

LOL, not strange! You're normal!

There are a ton of these stories here! :-)

Sweet dreams... lol!
Unread 03-27-2011, 07:20 PM

I am soooo thrilled! Especially to hear that sex gets better. I am actually afraid to have sex again. I am in no rush. But, my honey is extremely large and I am really afraid that I will mentally stop sex from happening for a long while, past the permitted date. Mainly because I hear a lot in here how they were not ready when the doctor okayed them. I do not want to have pain and then ruin it for my honey. I would rather wait than he feel bad that he hurt me....lol. I am just not sure how long I should wait to be REALLY SURE...lol.
Unread 03-27-2011, 07:37 PM

Post-op- even if you keep your ovaries- your hormones get a bit wacky- so it could be that and the pain meds messing with you! My husband had horribly weird, vivid dreams when on Percocet after a surgery and they had to switch him to something else- while I had no issues with it.

My husband is also WELL endowed- but there were no issues when we had sex for first time at 7.5 weeks post op. My cervix was removed and he swore he did not feel a difference. I was nervous as I had heard stories of Drs making the vaginal area "shorter" when the did the vaginal cuff- but mine apparently kept things just right! I had no pain and only the slightest bit of pink spotting right after the first time- and not a bit since.

I had my first orgasm at 9 days post-op (no penetration) with Dr's ok. I did have a bit of an ache in my abdomen the next day, but that was it.

I know it's hard, but try not to stress too much. Things SHOULD be fine when your Dr gives the ok.

Take care-

Amy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register