Eroded bladder sling??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Eroded bladder sling??? Eroded bladder sling???

Unread 10-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Eroded bladder sling???

Hello gals, its been ages since I last posted. My recovery has been great, and very uneventful up til now. This week I have discovered that my bladder sling is eroding thru but due to my husband losing his job I currently have no insurance for it to be fixed. Anyone simply "lived with" an eroding sling? So far my husband cant feel it but I feel a little sore in that area after sex. I explored and can clearly feel the sling that has some thru the side of the vaginal wall. Im wondering if continued sex will make it worse? I simply cant go to a Dr YET because theyre going to say it was "pre-existing" when we do get signed up for another insurance. Im pretty bummed at the moment. Thanks for any input, love you all!!

Unread 10-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Eroded bladder sling???

I'm really sorry this is happening, but I really do think a call to your doctor who did your surgery is in order, even if you just talk to his nurse to find out what kind of complications may occur. I would really hate for you to get an infection. This way, you can make an informed decision. My thoughts are with you.

Unread 10-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Eroded bladder sling???

Susan, I am so sorry you are having the sling erosion problem too like it seems so many of us here on HysterSisters have. It might be well worth your while to go back to your original GYN and tell him/her of your problem even if you have to pay for the visit yourself this one time. If you explain your predicament, your Dr. might be very understanding. You can at least try.

Do you have any access to premarin vaginal cream? That was the very first line of defense my UroGYN used to try to get my sling erosion to heal. He told me to apply 1/2 gram of it every day for 3 months. Some doctors have told their patients to use it every other day. I was told not to use the applicator because it was most likely too hard (just thoroughly clean my hands first, of course). Some patients have had very good results with just using premarin and haven't had to go back into surgery at all for sling removal.

Sending a big and hoping you find help ASAP.......
OrahDeb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Eroded bladder sling???

Hello Hostess & Karlene,

I suppose I can risk going back and trying to fix this thing with the cream. My problem is if the new insurance (when we get it in the future) finds out this sling erosion is "pre-existing" they make me wait a year before they will pay for any revision if it comes down to that. My daughter ran into this problem when she blew a disc out of her back. She ended up lying like a rug and eventually got the surgery but it took her 6 months of walking around on a numb (with electric shock feeling) leg! Insurances can be so darned tricky! Anyone out there know of a good affordable insurance company for the self employed?? Again thank you for the good information Hostess!!
Unread 10-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Eroded bladder sling???

Actually, the cream is very affordable and worth a try. A phone call may be all that is needed. Talk to your surgeon or his nurse and ask if they will call it in to a pharmacy of your choice. As for insurance, a google search under "self employment or small buisness insurance", brings up some interesting ideas and you just may find one that is right for your specific needs.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register