Surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-31-2003, 07:11 AM
Surgery

YIKES, SURGERY SCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY APRIL 3.
GETTING KINDA NERBOUS. BUT I KNOW THE OUTCOME
WILL BE GOOD. HAVE HAD ALOT OF FRIENDS AT WORK
SUPPORTING ME. ALL WHO HAD HYSTERCTOMIES ALREADY.

THANKS FOR THIS GREAT WEB SITE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2003, 07:16 AM
Great!!

You are going to do great! Your attitude sounds good and I'm glad to hear you have people around you that can understand what's up.

Yes, this website is great......I don't know what I would have done without it, probably would have inundated my doctor with phone calls....lol

Good luck with your surgery and recovery.
Unread 03-31-2003, 07:33 AM
Surgery

SISTER67. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT.
I KNOW THINGS WILL BE GOOD. HAVE TWO YOUNG
BOYS THAT WILL PROBABLY HAVE A ROUGHER TIME
THAN MOM.

GREAT HAVING SISTERS WHO CARE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2003, 08:09 AM
surgery

Hi everyone! Im new here Ive been reading alot of the posts here. lots of good advice. Im going in for a TAH on April, 7. Im so nervous. Im worried about having a horrible reaction to the anesthesia. any advice to help ease my mind? I am anxious to have the surgery Ive suffered for 7 years with heavy bleeding and clots because of those wonderful ol fibroids. I want to go in with a positive attitude but because of my fear of the anesthesia I fear I wont. Please help!
Unread 03-31-2003, 02:35 PM
LovingLife

Hi there,
I saw your post and I understand that you are nervous about the anaesthesia...

One thing that would help me is talking to the anaesthesiologist. I know I meet mine tomorrow, I would voice allll the concerns and worries you have, all of them.

Then he/she can help you decide your options. From what I've read here on this site, there truly are a lot of choices, from the levels of sedation to the types of sedation to the anti-nausea meds they can give you.

I hope you get to feeling more comfortable about this.
Unread 03-31-2003, 07:03 PM
Surgery

I live about 2 towns west of you and had my surgery at Memorial in January. Will you be there or at another? It's nice to have first hand success stories. I went with those (personally know 1/2 dz) over the horror stories that I heard about, but didn't know the source personally. Good luck on your visit to the castle. Let us know how things are going for you after.
Unread 04-01-2003, 07:42 AM
SURGERY

SHERI24,

I WILL BE AT MEMORIAL IN WOODSTOCK. PRE-SURGICAL
TOMORROW. GETTING KINDA NERVOUS. BUT HAVE HAD
GOOD SUPPORT FROM FRIENDS AND MOST OF THEM HAVE
HAD HYSTERECTOMIES.

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT.
Unread 04-01-2003, 02:37 PM
Surgery

They will take good care of you there. I had a very nice castle visit. I'll be thinking about you and will say a Best wishes to you. You're going to be a soon!
Unread 04-01-2003, 03:23 PM
SURGERY

THANKS SO MUCH. IT HELPS TO KNOW OTHERS ARE OUT
THERE PRAYING FOR ME. EVERYONE AT MY JOB HAS
BEEN WONDERFUL.

ALSO NICE TO KNOW THAT SOMEONE ELSE HAD IT DONE AT
THE SAME HOSPITAL. I DO TRUST MY DOCTOR THOUGH.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR KIND WORDS.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register