Pre op tomorrow, very scared! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre op tomorrow, very scared! Pre op tomorrow, very scared!

Unread 12-29-2009, 01:02 PM
Re: Pre op tomorrow, very scared!

godsparkles and lattenut

I will be praying for both of you. I'll be looking foward to hearing your post up updates.

Enjoy the ginger I still eat some everyday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2009, 01:20 PM

I too worried myself sick. I sure wish I would have known about this site pre-op. I work at a school district, and when some of my coworkers heard about my upcoming surgery, they came to me full of support. Put this in the Lord's hands where it belongs. I wish you the best and look forward to seeing some posts from you post-op.
God Bless,
Marsha, newbie hystersister
(surgery was 12-15)
Unread 12-29-2009, 02:32 PM

Godsparkles, all the best tomorrow!

I am happy to have found this site. My mom had a hyster. in 1976, and things have changed a lot. She lives 120 miles away, so cannot be here to help me--it's "phone support" only. The info and support here help a lot. 10 days to go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2009, 09:57 PM

Thank you to everyone of you. I went and bought ginger beer and some different flavors of ginger, crystallized and this one is coffee flavored which I think is really good. Taking it all with me tomorrow. My dad said he would pray over me tomorrow, they know how nervous I have been, but in 14 hours, I will be in surgery and before I know it, I will be waking up. I have been so busy the last 2 days trying to get some things in order that I need to have done, but probably not for this event, like my will and things like that since I am a single parent.
Unread 12-30-2009, 02:11 AM

Hello Dear Sister,

I will be praying for each of you tomorrow...I am 1 week post-op and doing great..Let the drugs take you away from any pain and just enjoy the quiet of a hospital room. As moms its hard for us to allow someone to wait on us...now is the time.
I was so scared going in and so releaved when I woke up. I worried for no reason. The doctors have been doing this type of surgery for a long time.

Everything will be fine.

Much love...
Unread 12-30-2009, 07:04 AM

godsparkles..I'll be looking forward to hearing from you I'm praying for you!
Unread 12-30-2009, 07:36 AM

Hiya,

Well what can i say except try to turn your fears around! and look on things in a posative way hun, thats what i do and i find it works wanders,i look on going into hospital as like staying in a bed and breakfast and getting pampered, , i even found the food most enjoyable and you dont have to cook it yourself,i am 50 so having a scare across my tum ,dosnt bother me in the slightest, i am just looking forward to a new me, have got my hrt patches too, but havnt noticed any change in me at all. had cervix, ovaries and uterus removed 3 weeks ago now.Look on it as a new wanderful life huny, my feelings on going into hosp were a mixture of excitment and fear, because i was looking forward to a new me and no more periods either. So think posative.

Susana x
Unread 12-30-2009, 08:32 AM

I was also a nervous wreck before surgery. I had never had anything like that before, but when they had to take me back 2 weeks later, it was ---"oh yeah I have done this before" and I was so calm that my DH stayed at work until after it was over.

The anxiety is the worst part!
Unread 12-30-2009, 08:16 PM

Here I am sitting in my hospital room 8 hours after my surgery and so far everything is great. I had an epoduro (spelling) rather than general anethesia. Look for me at Post op.
Unread 12-30-2009, 08:26 PM

godsparkles - so glad to hear from you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register