What in the world will make you not hungry on a clear liquid diet? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What in the world will make you not hungry on a clear liquid diet? What in the world will make you not hungry on a clear liquid diet?

Unread 04-04-2010, 07:51 PM
What in the world will make you not hungry on a clear liquid diet?

Ok, I am a little annoyed about the clear liquid diet. The day before surgery, I can't eat anything but clear fluids. They said broths, juice, water, etc. Is there anything that would make me less hungry? I would assume I would be starving all day. Maybe this should be the least of my concerns but when I get overly hungry, I get a bad headache and feel crappy. Any advice appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Re: What in the world will make you not hungry on a clear liquid diet?

Jessica2010,

Jello works for me, well works better than anything else I could think of. Chicken broth is good too.

Won't be long now.

Unread 04-04-2010, 08:31 PM

I was worried about getting hungry too, and I get cranky when I'm hungry as well. I tried to stay busy cleaning house. Ate chicken broth and jello and didn't really get hungry, probably b/c of being nervous in anticipation. Also had to clean out my bowels, and you can't think about eating when your busy doing that! Good luck, you'll do fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2010, 08:37 PM

I agree with the previous posts, and that drinking a lot of water will help keep you feeling full, as well as hydrated. (You will need it!) GL!
Unread 04-04-2010, 08:39 PM

I ate lots of Jello too and I liked the beef broth over the chicken. Also, white grape juice helped keep me feeling full. Please double check to make sure these are on your doctor-approved-to-eat-list.
Unread 04-04-2010, 08:46 PM

Just one caution. When eating jello, stay away from anything that's red as supposedly it can give your insides the appearance of bleeding where it's not. Other than the jello and broth, I also had popsicles.

BEST WISHES!!!

Linda
Unread 04-04-2010, 09:46 PM

I made a big pot of home-made chicken broth. Between big mugs of hot broth and jello, I made it through. You should do ok as long as you keep your blood sugar up. Make sure you eat some things with real sugar instead of sugar-free.

If you're not a cook- broth is really really easy to make, and so muc better than the cans or boxes you get at the store. I use as may chicken wings and other cheap chicken parts as will fill 3/4 of a big pot. Chop into the bone with a cleaver to release the marrow. then throw in roughly chopped carrot, onion, celery, and lots of salt. Fill with water and then boil for about three hours. Remove everything and you have wonderful broth.
I don't think the red dye is really an issue for hysterectomy until you're having some kind of bowel work done. The red dye doesn't pass beyond the bowel and isn't going to make anything look like blood that they are interested in. They just want your bowels to be as empty as possible to give them plenty of room to operate.
Unread 04-04-2010, 10:49 PM

If you make the jello into jigglers, you can almost fake yourself out that you are eating since you then have to bit and chew them! That really helped with my last bowel prep. Previously I had ate regular jello which you just basically swallow!

in there! You will get through it, though it might not be the most pleasant day of your life!

:bunnyhug:
Unread 04-04-2010, 11:36 PM

i had to do the clear liquid diet for 2 days prior to surgery... by the night before i was starving and irritable. i started licking the seasoning off of pringles potato chips, thats how desparate i was for food... that didn't hit me though until the 2nd day, so i'd think you'd be okay doing it for just one day.
Unread 04-05-2010, 12:14 AM

I found apple jc really helped keep me from feeling hungry. Plus jello, and beef broth. It wasn't bad, I wasn't very hungry. I expected it to be way worse. Keep drinking, that's the key I think. Good luck with it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register