any thoughts here?????????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

any thoughts here?????????? any thoughts here??????????

Unread 12-10-2002, 09:03 PM
any thoughts here??????????

been having terrible back and left leg pain so bad its put me flat on my butt.. had an mri done the results come back "normal" but i know something has got to be causing these problems. my back locks up and hurts so bad in my lower hip area i could die and nowthe pain has gone down my left leg and it hurts i feel like maybe i'm just imagining this cause of the mri results...hs anyone else had these type problems but come to find out it was related to your period? please i hope so b/c i think i might be nuts.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2002, 09:15 PM

Ever thought of going to a chiropractor? I had severe back pain for years and it would radiate down my legs to the point of them just giving out on me. I'd be standing and the next second I would be folded up on the floor. I wasn't able to stand up straight in the mornings because the pain was so bad and I used to joke with my friends that they could always tell I was having a really bad day because my shoe laces were tied on the sides as I couldn't bend over far enough to tie them correctly. You might want to try this...I know some people just pooh,pooh chiropractors, but not only has it worked for me, but my youngest daughter, who had severe asthma. She is now on minimal medications and her asthma attacks are under control. What can I say? I'm a believer!
Unread 12-11-2002, 12:14 AM

I am one to tout the benefits of a chiropractor. Been going to one for years. Helped me tremendously.

Aside from that I have found out since my surgery that pretty much 99% of my lower back pain had most likely been caused from my pelvic problems. I have not had any problems in my lower back in the 7 months since my hyst.

Now, my upper back is another story. That problem stems from a very old injury and thats the only reason I continue to visit my chiropractor.

This has just been my experience. I really hope you get relief soon hon. I know how uncomfortable back pain can be. Please know you are *not* nuts.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2002, 08:05 AM
ahhh thanks........

my gyn suggested it might be from my gyno problems, but was not really sure as it could have been siatica or herniated disc. but its just odd to me how terrible my back gets, i mean i cannot stand up straight or lift my left leg off the ground feels like its going to fall off if i do, and now this burning cramping feeling in my leg.. its got to be gyno related i guess b/c the mri was clear so.......les just hope so anyway.. i go the 23rd to my hemotologist and then back to my gyn for results and hopefully a date.i was really scared and hesitant about this for many reasons but lordy if it will not only end my monthly problems but also my back problems.. look out here i come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by the way i have ben to a chiro one time before and he actually did some good but i was scared to go back until i found out what was causing this but i do believe i might just give one a call... thanks so muc....
Unread 12-11-2002, 08:20 AM
back pain

By all means, try a chiropractor! It sounds like your hip might be out of place. I suffered with this for over a year while MDs told me there was nothing wrong. I couldn't sit or stand for more than 10 minutes at a time! One trip to the chiropractor and he started working on my hip. It took a while but it really did the trick. I wouldn't want to have that pain during recovery. It's worth a try!

Good luck!
Sammy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register