A little over a week post op, questions? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A little over a week post op, questions? A little over a week post op, questions?

Unread 11-08-2011, 07:28 PM
A little over a week post op, questions?

I have so many questions, like what is a vaginal cuff and how will it affect me? Will my sex life be the same? I had a total abdominal hysterectomy but they left my ovaries, the reason I had a hysterectomy was because I had alot of scar tissue from my 3 previous c-sections and they were causing alot of pain, I also had a ball of endo in my incision site that was removed. I would just really like to know what to expect from this, and what I should know. Thanks so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Re: A little over a week post op, questions?

Think of the vaginal canal as a cup, your cervix as the bottom of an apple sitting just inside the lip of that cup, your uterus as the majority of the apple sitting above the cup and the ovaries as the stem and leaves of that apple. When you have all that removed all you have is this open cup. The take the edges of your vagina and sew them together so that it is now a sealed passage. Where they sewed it together is called a vaginal cuff.

If they took your cervix then you may have less lubrication than you used to have. OTC lubrication like K.Y. jelly and others help make that transition a 100% better.
Unread 11-08-2011, 08:06 PM

Very well put, Skylady!
Shaunrae, make sure you follow the restrictions that your doctor gave you post op. It's important you let your cuff heal properly. As for sex, many people have different experiences. Personally sex feels a little different, but not in a bad way. I notice no difference in the length of my vagina or with my natural lubrication. DH says it feels just the same to him. It actually is a little better having the cervix gone because it was painful when DH bumped it during sex. The orgasm is still there but not as intense for me as before because I can no longer feel my uterus contract. Some women say the orgasm is better after surgery. Keep reading on this site and you will see lots of posts from women in this subject. Happy healing :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2011, 08:09 PM

Thanks I was thinking it was some sort of artificial cup thing that they sewed inside of me, that explained a lot. I did have my cervix removed also, So pretty much the only sexual difference will be the lubrication?
Unread 11-08-2011, 08:12 PM
A little over a week post op, questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarandspice View Post
Very well put, Skylady!
Shaunrae, make sure you follow the restrictions that your doctor gave you post op. It's important you let your cuff heal properly. As for sex, many people have different experiences. Personally sex feels a little different, but not in a bad way. I notice no difference in the length of my vagina or with my natural lubrication. DH says it feels just the same to him. It actually is a little better having the cervix gone because it was painful when DH bumped it during sex. The orgasm is still there but not as intense for me as before because I can no longer feel my uterus contract. Some women say the orgasm is better after surgery. Keep reading on this site and you will see lots of posts from women in this subject. Happy healing :-)
This may sound a little stupid, I'm still trying to understand this whole hysterectomy thing, but once I'm all healed up will I have to worry about any bleeding or spotting?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register