horribel feeling in tummy after hysterctermy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

horribel feeling in tummy after hysterctermy horribel feeling in tummy after hysterctermy

Unread 11-07-2012, 10:17 AM
horribel feeling in tummy after hysterctermy

hi am i the only one with this feeling after a full hysterecomie it makes me sad i dont want to talk to any body or see any body i get restles edggy its a horribel feeling in the pit of my tummy i had my hysterectomy in march this year and up to now i havent felt well at all bin but on hrt antidepressants and sent to talk to somebody i cry at a drop of ahat i am 52 with a wonderfull famliy but its now getting me down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Re: horribel feeling in tummy after hysterctermy

Sounds like depression, and unfortunately, it's no uncommon after a hysterectomy. I would just continue taking the antidepressants. Do they work for you when you take them? You haven't been suicidal, have you?
Unread 11-09-2012, 03:27 PM

no but do wonder if this is wat my life is going to feel like i had this feeling this morning when my daughter turnd up with my grandson has we wear going out shopping i had to sit by my self and breath it out it makes me misserable and need to cry the doctors seam to think its cos i have no hormones in my body has everying was taken away with just my vigina left i have to sex drive push my husband away ihad cyst and fiberoids reson for full hysterrectomy i just wish i could have some kind of release from the feeling so i can smile at the world againe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubylady51 View Post
no but do wonder if this is wat my life is going to feel like i had this feeling this morning when my daughter turnd up with my grandson has we wear going out shopping i had to sit by my self and breath it out it makes me misserable and need to cry the doctors seam to think its cos i have no hormones in my body has everying was taken away with just my vigina left i have to sex drive push my husband away ihad cyst and fiberoids reson for full hysterrectomy i just wish i could have some kind of release from the feeling so i can smile at the world againe
was that a no on the being suicidal or no on the antidepressants working? if they're not working, i think that you should talk to your doctor about changing your medicine or offering counseling. do you talk to your family about it? maybe that will help.
Unread 11-09-2012, 04:28 PM

rubylady -

I am sorry you are having these difficulties but I totally get it. It sounds like you could be experiencing clinical depression. The removal of my ovaries, which threw me into surgical menopause, was one factor that caused me to have clinical depression. I had never ahd that before.

The information that you go about talking to your Dr and trying some different antidepressants is a good one. I had to try about 3 or 4 before I found the one that worked the best for me. Also finding a counsellor is a good suggestion. In addition I did journalling to help me get some of the feelings out.

It can take awhile to get through a depressive episode but it is possible. Earlier this year I was able to reduce my antidepressants, we'll see when I can get off of them totally but I have been making progress.

Unread 11-11-2012, 05:10 AM

hi its was a no to suicidal thourghts and the anitdepressents have bin changed a few times i am at the moment waiting for a letter from a counserl i am on hrt witch does give me a littel relive i dont want to feel like this in 2 years time thank you for advise i am in countact with my doctor at all times i feel down
Unread 11-11-2012, 05:14 AM

i this feeling can be triged by littel thing like switching kettel on to washing my hair eating my meals its there has i wright this post thank you for replying to me
Unread 11-11-2012, 05:19 AM

Hi Rubylady,
Have you made any adjustments to the HRT? Maybe you need a stronger dose or a different hormone combination.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register