6 days until TAH and I think I have a sinus infection! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 days until TAH and I think I have a sinus infection! 6 days until TAH and I think I have a sinus infection!

Unread 03-06-2008, 06:55 AM
6 days until TAH and I think I have a sinus infection!

This is what I have been fearing all along.

I was supposed to have an endometrial ablation on feb. 13, but the week before I came down with pneumonia of all things. Needless to say - we had to reschedule my surgery. During that time I continued to have awful bleeding issues and the doctor decided we could just skip the ablation (long story i won't get into here) and go right to the hyst. So it's been scheduled for March 12 - I have just 6 days to go. I am so ready for this surgery!

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night with the most awful sinus pain, pressure and congestion. When I got up in the morning and got going the congestion got a little bit better, but the pain and pressure are still there and now that things are draining i'm starting to have a little post nasal drip cough going on. This can't be happening!!!!

I called the docs office this morning and left a message for my doctor's nurse letting her know of the situation. I am hoping they will call in an antibiotic for me so I can nip this in the butt. I feel like if I can get on top of the congestion and such then it won't go to my chest (which is the typical progression for me). What do y'all think? I've been taking Zicam all week (the nasal swabs are the best thing ever) because I have kind of been feeling like I am fighting this all week - my kids too. Any suggestions from my faithful sisters on how I can beat this thing into submission?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 07:32 AM

I'm looking forward to responses to your post, Pamela, because I'm worried that I'm getting a cold, too!! A co-worker has a horrible cold - I've been staying away from her, but you know how those things travel. I've been taking some herbs to boost my immune system, but should really stop them by this weekend 'cause they're not recommended pre-op. Feeling okay right now... a smidge stuffy... but I don't want to put this surgery off!!
Any suggestions from members re: how to stop a cold before it gets started?!
Unread 03-06-2008, 05:37 PM

I called my GYN and she called in a Z-pack for me. I do think I am working on a sinus infection - my head has been killing me all day - to the point my teeth hurt. Hopefully this Z-pack will knock it right out of me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 05:46 PM

(((PamelaCV))) - Here's hoping the Z-pack takes care of it and very quickly! Feel better soon!
Unread 03-06-2008, 07:33 PM

Hoping you can nip it in the bud, I am so scared of getting sick right before my surgery YIKES I don't want to reschedule it HUGS TO YOU
Unread 03-06-2008, 08:35 PM

I got a Sinus Infection 4 days before my surgery and the Dr. called me in a ZPack and it cleared it up (mostly) I still had a little drainage ((very minimal)) for surgery but, it all turned out fine and I haven't been sick again yet.

Hope all goes well for ya.
Unread 03-06-2008, 08:40 PM

Sabrina! Thank you so much for the encouraging words! I am feeling like someone hit me upside the head with a baseball bat this evening. I know it's worse in the evening, but - UGH! I'm so glad that this course of action worked for someone else. ZPack's are great and I'm hoping I will be feeling better by the end of the weekend.

Thank you so much for the encouragement!

I also see you have PCOS! Me too! I am anxious to see if they find adenomyosis when they do my hyst - something to explain the awful bleeding I have had.
Unread 03-09-2008, 03:11 AM
Pneumonia

Most importantly, you had pneumonia. I was told I could rescedule no sooner than six weeks when I got pneumonia? I hope yours has cleared up completely. Good luck to you, my prayers will be with you.
Kim
Unread 03-09-2008, 03:14 AM

Most importantly, you had pneumonia. I was told I could rescedule no sooner than six weeks when I got pneumonia? I hope yours has cleared up completely. Good luck to you, my prayers will be with you.
Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register